INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: search/sort video library by HD?  (Read 2190 times)

squeedle

• World Citizen
search/sort video library by HD?
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »

As my video library grows, I'd love to be able to easily tell which titles are HD and which are SD. Possible?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: search/sort video library by HD?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:49:58 am »

You could make use of the field Dimensions.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:59:43 am »

Yannis has a good suggestion:  The [Dimensions] field holds the dimensions of the video frames.  Well, for most types of video.  For at least one type I'm aware of, [Dimensions] is always empty for some reason.

The issue with trying to use this data is that it's formatted as "width x height", so you kind of have to break it out to try to determine HD versus SD.  I have a lot of SD DVD rips that show up as 720x480, but not all of them.

What might work better would be to survey your current collection by sorting by the dimensions field.  You'll probably find that everything below a certain point is SD and everything above that point is HD.  You might find some that are blank too and you'd want to investigate those separately.

Once you do this, you could make a new field to hold some sort of resolution information that would be helpful to you.  Maybe just a string like "SD" or "HD".  Whatever works for you.  You'd need to fill out this field each time you imported more videos, or do this exercise again periodically.

Alternatively, you could try to figure out how to break out the [Dimensions] field in a meaningful way that would let you categorize your videos automatically.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:15:47 am »

I don't understand this dimension field blgentry, I use the [width] field.  A simple range expression filters phone, TV, DVD, and HD quality pretty quickly

I don't have MC open right now but I'm pretty positive I didn't have to make a new field

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 07:43:19 am »

^ Wow.  Thanks Ferday!  I think I mistakenly thought that [Width] was for the image file attached to an audio or video file (for thumbnails).  But those fields are [Image Width] and [Image Height].  So I've been ignoring [Width] and [Height] forever now and they are the right fields to use!  I feel not so smart.  :)

So I guess you could easily use an expression something like this:

Code: [Select]
IfElse(isrange([width],1-1000),SD,isrange([width],1001-2000),HD,isrange([width],2001-10000),Ultra//4k,compare([width],=,0),unknown)
I made those ranges up, so you can adjust them to suit your definition of SD versus HD, versus something else.

Brian.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:08:02 am »

Thanks, guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up