INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access Key not univocal in 2 library on 2 system on the same machine  (Read 2291 times)

unfo

• Recent member

i'm using Media Center 22 on a macPro (with OS X 10.11.6 elCapitan) and also, on the same machine in the BootCamp Partition, with WIN10.
My problem is that the two libraries have the same AccessKey: if i tray to connect to them with Remote 3.22 from my iPad:
* sometimes the connection is out and the error message is that there are are 2 library with the same accessKey;
* sometimes (one of the 2 library is obviously out: with bootcamp u can use OS X or win10, not the two) from JRemote i can find the playlist and play from the temporary out library: the 2 libraries have different name and different playlists but both are located on a NAS [i can find it only if the PC where it was created is on];
this is the first  mystery (for me).

NB
* another mystery (for me) is that sometimes, when i create a new library from this NAS at the beginning there are 2 copies of each file: one of them has a stratospheric bitrate and effectively play very good, better than the "real" file; there is only this problem: after a restart this "phantom" copy disappears.
* in iOS (iPAD) with the last upgrade (10.0.2) JRemote crash every time U touch "action" (for reshuflle or clear playlist) in the player window.
* My NAS is a "NeatGear ReadyNAS 102" and on it there are the audio files and also the folder/path with the JRiver libraries: i'll be very happy if i'll understand (the link) how to connect to them from any other pc, when the pc, where the specific library was created, is out.

I exit from the seeded one and my eng is very bad:
1) the access key is not univocal on 2 libraries on the same machine also when one of them is out (with all his OS);
2) JRemote crash after the last update of iOSX

take it easy, don't worry.
unfo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Access Key not univocal in 2 library on 2 system on the same machine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »

Try turning Media Network off and back on.  That should give you a new Access Key.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 05:00:44 pm »

My problem with Mac OS Sierra and MediaCenter 22.0.30 remains the same.
Media Center regularly crashes.
Does anybody else use the newest Mac system and is able to run Media Center
without a problem?

unfo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:12:00 pm »

to JimH: this was the first issue i tried without any result.
to AliciaViola: i don't upgrade to Sierra on the desktop and apple put a forced (unauthorized) download of the installer:
                                                                                                          are they more politically correct than microsoft?
                    On the portable it has many other trouble; for example with the thunderbolt hub.

* However is not media center that crash but the app for iPad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up