INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcard/PC Audio Setup Problem  (Read 2418 times)

CaptStabbin

Soundcard/PC Audio Setup Problem
« on: October 16, 2016, 04:45:58 pm »

My setup is a PCIe slot Xonar Essence STX soundcard connected to Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers through the classic red/white wires coming from amplifier in subwoofer.

Then having iTunes and JRiver and the options involved, the output always has problems. Between interference of other programs and constant stuttering of the sound when on the internet that it's too rough to listen to and be online.

Playback now is definitely worst than just the stock motherboard connection and one simple wire. Using ASIO4ALL b/c read on this site it's good to use but don't even know if it's actually connected to audio or whatever or wherever.

I don't know what option for soundcard I should choose, Default, XonarEssence STX (ASIO), ASIO4ALL (ASIO),  ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device (WASAPI), or S/PDIF Pass-through Device?

In Volume Control there's more options like Line In (Xonar Essence STX) and iTunes and JRiver as Default player for audio but choosing JRiver makes other programs not play ever.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Soundcard/PC Audio Setup Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 04:50:20 pm »

Don't use ASIO4All.  It's a wrapper for Kernel Streaming.

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.  That would be a good place to start.

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Soundcard/PC Audio Setup Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 07:26:47 am »

I have the stx ii the asio drivers sound best.I had to set in the device options 24 bit.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up