INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.223 beta available  (Read 6997 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.223 beta available
« on: July 28, 2003, 02:15:53 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91223.exe     READ A FEW POSTS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE -- Right click doesn't work in some cases.

(backup your library before installing)  

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History:
1. Fixed: Properties weren't enabled when the panes were selected.
2. Fixed: Reverting to default columns wasn't always working properly.
3. Changed: Album thumbnails wouldn't honor view scheme filter criteria when expanding to full albums.
4. Changed: "Quick Tagging" now called "Tagging Mode".
5. Changed: Tagging mode uses checkboxes instead of tag icons.
6. Changed: Tagging mode now lists all available values.
7. Changed: Menus have one more pixel of spacing on the top and bottom.
8. Changed: Tagging mode displays instructions when no files are selected.
9. Fixed: MC was displaying incorrect default columns for sub-views of Audio and Video browser schemes.
10. Fixed: WMA files with tag data longer then 4K were crashing MC.
11. Fixed: Media Center would not retrieve internal image if media file contained link to external image file, but the file was removed.
12. Changed: Media Center uses new default browser schemes. (Media Library -> Right-click -> Reset All View Schemes to Default)
13. Fixed: Clicking "Portable Download" button would set desktop wallpaper.
14. Fixed: Clicking "Portable Download" could crash if your handheld wasn't plugged in.
15. Changed: Now, Windows Media SDK will be installed only if necessary.
16. Changed: Retooled file properties area a little.
17. NEW: Added "Same As Columns In Current View" for File Properties visible fields.
18. Fixed: MC would cut off the end of songs when switching from native-MC audio playback to other media types.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.223 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 02:35:14 pm »

I'm having some serious issues with this build.

Bug:

I am having all sorts of problems with playlist groups.

I have a playlist group called iPod (9.251 GB) which contains 32 smartlists. When I click on the group I get a message saying Media Core has encountered a problem and MC disappears. I also get the same problem with a group called Not on iPod which contains 15 smartlists. I am also unable to move smartlists out of these groups without MC crashing.

If I create a new smartlist group called iPod, MC crashes as soon as I click on it. I am also unable to move smartlists out of these groups.

I have just created a playlist group called Smartlists on iPod. I am able to move 19 smartlists from my iPod (9.251 GB) group to it. At this point the group has 937 files and 19 smartlists in it. When I try to add a 20th smartlist to the group, MC crashes.

I've just tried builds 222, 220 and 219 and get the same problem with playlist groups. Help!

I've done some more work on this. It seems that the problem occurs when there is a smartlist containing the Modifier:Full Albums option in it.

Major Bug:

I can no longer right click on files. I can also no longer edit properties for files.

I'm going to uninstall this build for the time being.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 02:40:47 pm »

Right click is dead here also (properties too)

Minor buglet...The file selected window at bottom still shows &'s as _'s.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 02:44:58 pm »

Alt-Enter will get you properties.

The new (experimental) access to properties is the icon in the lower right corner of the properties window.  Click it and choose the "visible fields" option.

Right click will be back tomorrow.  Sorry.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 02:49:53 pm »

7. Changed: Menus have one more pixel of spacing on the top and bottom.
16. Changed: Retooled file properties area a little.
17. NEW: Added "Same As Columns In Current View" for File Properties visible fields.

Much better! Thanks!

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 02:54:25 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    (I am having this problem with any skin -- currently Brushed metal)  

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!  

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.    

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.  

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.  

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them    
This is an old bug.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2003, 02:54:42 pm »

Changed: Menus have one more pixel of spacing on the top and bottom.

You Are My man :)
Tamer

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 02:58:57 pm »

Jim,

Very groovy on the "visible fields" option. The ability to have multiple selections (ie General and File Info) would be nice, since when all are displayed, the sections are not collapsable.

10-27

Pink Waters

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 03:03:16 pm »

Anything matt can be added in the next beta that uses identifiers in main.xml for the skins to identify the search bar text color and hilight color in it ??
Tamer

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 03:12:45 pm »

Right-clicking is broken but not entirely:  if you double right-click, then you get the context menu.

[rest of post moved to properties thread by JimH]
Toast goes in the toaster.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 03:14:01 pm »

...identify the search bar text color and hilight color in it ??

Maybe this picture can help you ;)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 03:15:15 pm »

10. Fixed: WMA files with tag data longer then 4K were crashing MC.

Thanks Matt, my buggy wma files play again after including cover art.

New Bug:
Selecting single file to play, going to Playing Now. When Display is set to "None" and I click on right arrow, MC9 crashes for any file type. Click on left arrow is OK!

Big Annoyance:
When I add files to "Playing Now" and start playing and Display is set to "Images", MC displays the last selected slide-show. For me this is very annoying.

I am of the opinion that each time you start playing music the slide-show should be reset and not display any images unless you specifically select them.

When I show MC9 to other people I do not want to display any random slide-show, but make a specific selection!

dragyn

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2003, 03:47:28 pm »

playlists views don't show now in view schemes. When in tagging mode, they do. Tree also isn't populated.

If I have a file selected, I get a <new 'playlist'> checkbox when enabling tagging mode. If I selected a file after tagging mode is turned on, it doesn't show.

the 'right-click' key (between win and ctrl) on a ms keyboard doesn't work in the search bar.

right-clicking the search bar doesn't do anything after the menu appears and selecting paste. have to do a left-click first.

shift-insert doesn't work in search bar.

right-click -> locate doesn't seem to do anything. I get:

On Disk (inside Media Center); works
On Disk (external); sorta works. It's not selecting the file like it used to.
------------------------
Artist
Album
Genre
Rating
Advanced -> [Key Words]

All of these just bring you up to 'Media Library' and that's it. 'Media Library' then shows no files at all when doing this.

<this folder> doesn't show anything when viewed in the tree for 'Hard Disk Location'. The exact same area shows the correct files in 'pane view'.

Jump on play: None

When right-clicking a file and choosing 'play/show (first file) OR play', it always goes to full screen when music is playing. It doesn't matter if windowed mode is active or not. When this happens, the file name for the displayed image is N/A. Right-click -> Images -> Doesn't show any files. Just Next/Prev is shown.

When doing the same while music is not playing, the filename is displayed and it doesn't go to full screen AND the same file names are listed in Right-Click -> Images.

Toggling between full screen and hairstyle is not redrawing properly. Parts of the control bars (top/bottom) are drawn. Top bar flickers on and off.

Keyboard cursor hides itself in the search criteria box in view schemes when clicking around.

album thumbnails work now. thanks!

Media Center Registered 9.1.223 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 52 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2003, 04:18:03 pm »

18. Fixed: MC would cut off the end of songs when switching from native-MC audio playback to other media types
Thank You

Now if only the audio from mpg's could be passed through the DSP and playback settings and w could use replay gain.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2003, 04:18:34 pm »

Okay...here goes :D

Bugs:

* Scroll errors in add rule boxes for both searches and smartlists.  This is using Pix OS Skin (see picture in 9.1.222 build thread)
* Explorer Shell extensions are a bit dicey.  Highlight files, select add to playing now.  Which ever file you right clicked on is added as the first file.  This is not standard windows behaviour.  COnfused me for a while will sure as hell confuse a noob.

New Tagging mode and properties are good.  Only isues I can se are minor.  That quick tag message written in the panes is annoying and is also too long to display properly unless there are only two columns.  Most of my VS have 3 so it is never fully displayed.  Could it not be  a pop up with a "Do not show this again" as Jim initially suggested.  I can understand the hand holding for noobs but once youve seen the message a couple of times it surely becomes unecessary and at that point it becomes annoying :D

I really love what you have done with this version and I thank you guys for all your efforts. I have really enjoyed the testing process and hope I have been of help to you all.

Good luck with whatever this future project is!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Pink Waters

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 04:19:50 pm »

5. Changed: Tagging mode uses checkboxes instead of tag icons

why !??
Tamer

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 05:43:36 pm »

*sniff* Goodbye lovely feature requests...  :'(

Type: Bug
Here is the rule for my view scheme:

~a [Number Plays]==0 ~sort=[date imported]-d ~n=50 -[Filename]="D:\My Music\Cuts" [Media Type]=audio -[Album]=[Brazilian Portuguese 3]

I have two columns: Artist | Album

Let's say that I have three albums in my library from the Wallflowers: Breach, Bringing Down the Horse, and Red Letter Days. All three of these albums were imported months ago, so they don't appear in this view scheme. Now, I import a fourth album: The Wallflowers.

Here is the bug: When I click on The Wallflowers in the Artist pane, I see all four Wallflowers albums in the Album pane, even though those albums should be excluded by the limit. When I click on an album in the Album Pane, I see the tracks for that album, even though those tracks should be excluded by the limit. However, if I just click "<all>" in the Album and Artist panes and scroll through the track list, no tracks from the older albums appear. The limit works correctly in that case.

Type: Feature Request
Add "cancel" button to "connecting to media server" dialog box. Currently, there is no way to stop this short of letting it time out. If the media server is non-responsive, it takes a long time to time out.
CLOSED--THANKS!

Created this view scheme:

"Unlistened Albums" - Media Type: Audio Num Plays=0 Modifier: Full Albums

Added columns: AlbumArtist, Album, Num Plays

First potential bug: Num Plays for some albums shows 0, some albums shows <unassigned>, and some albums shows both 0 and <unassigned>. Clicking on 0 or <unassigned> returns the same tracks as far as I can tell. How can a track have an unassigned num plays? If it's never been played, it's zero. If it's been played, it's not zero.

Second potential bug (bigger): The "Num Plays" column populates correctly--e.g. if the selected Artist/Album's tracks have Num Plays of 1, 2, 4, and 6, then those values appear in the Num Plays column, as well as "<all>". But clicking on any of those numbers in the Num Plays column always returns zero tracks. The bottom window goes blank and the status bar says, "0 tracks - 0 minutes".

Scroll wheel focus should follow the mouse independently of "other" focus. Not sure how exactly to describe this, except with an example:

In the left-hand pane, click on a view scheme with two columns. If I subsequently move the mouse over to column 1 and start scrolling the scroll wheel, column 1 should scroll, regardless of the fact that focus is still back in the left pane.

Left-click in column 1. Focus is now in column 1. Move the mouse over to column 2. If I scroll the wheel now, column 2 should scroll. Currently, column 1 scrolls.

I'm classifying this as a bug becuase it's inconsistent with the way that other Windows apps (e.g. Explorer, MS Office) seem to treat the scroll wheel.  For these apps, scroll focus follows the mouse, regardless of where the application's "real" focus is.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 05:58:28 pm »

...If we're going to only be able to display one group at a time then we DEFINITELY need to be able to change which groups items are in - including already defined items.

There's already an option for "User Fields" to do that... Tree & View Settings > Library Fields > Edit. In the "Configure Library Field" dialog the Category can be changed (For non "User Fields" this option is greyed out). Maybe it can be enabled for all fields...

gmonkey

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 06:01:08 pm »

B1. TV Record and Timeshift cause crashes. Reset doesn't help. After Reset, I get the error "Information: Failed to play TV. (unknown error)" and the TV plays just fine, it just can't record or timeshift. [AiW 8500]

B2. When MC is busy for a long while (such as updating properties for 5,000 files), the display does not update, which means I can't access my desktop, and other windows will show ghost images when closed, moved, resized, etc.

B3. Embedded images within music files are not transferred over the Media Server. They should show in Playing Now, as thumbnails, and in the properties windows.

B4. Left and right arrow keys switch panes even while editing (F2) within a pane.

B5. Running mouse up the rating column will keep the rating hover effect on once you leave the area.

B6. Clicking on <unassigned> within a date pane suppresses all entries.

B7. Error when loading this jpeg: http://glh.brim.net/IMG_0382.jpg

B8. Clicking Stop while watching TV exits MC.

Current system info available at: http://glh.brim.net/jrmcinfo.txt

RemyJ

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 06:34:50 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    Whenever I drag the split bar between the left and right panes, the properties window disappears.  This has been happening on one machine for several weeks and I just wrote it off as fluke but now it's happening on 3 machines.  

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: Medium
    The field names in Properties don't reflect the correct names if they were renamed.  I.E.  I renamed Artist to Track Artist.  The column headers show Track Artist but the properties show Artist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    MC isn&#8217;t remembering the Display Mode (Internal, Windowed, Full Screen)

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    In thumbnail mode, the up and down arrow keys always reset the selection to the first image in the row instead of moving to the image directly above or below the current one.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    When the details window is In thumbnail mode and you scroll down with the mouse wheel shortly after the list starts filling, the list often resets back to the top

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: Medium
    In thumbnail mode, MC often doesn't display images for currently visible items in large lists until it either churns through all of the items in the list or until you click on any item in the list.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: Medium
    If an empty directory is removed because of a rename operation or because all of the entries were deleted, it's entry remains in the Hard Disk Location tree and if you click on it, it brings up the search panes as though you clicked on the root of the view scheme

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the lower left pane and the menu un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn&#8217;t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 07:57:08 pm »

B1. TV Record and Timeshift cause crashes. Reset doesn't help. After Reset, I get the error "Information: Failed to play TV. (unknown error)" and the TV plays just fine, it just can't record or timeshift. [AiW 8500]

Run this command, and see if it helps:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\AVBISurf.ax"
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 09:31:44 pm »

DVD playback still doesn't work in this build.  This is very important to me because Media Center 9.1 and Irfanview are the only media sotfware I run.  Irfanview I use only to preview files.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 12:09:07 am »

Hi,

-Same observation as Dragyn :
playlists views don't show now in view schemes. When in tagging mode, they do. Tree also isn't populated.
I used a lot of taggng through playlists as it is, for now, the only way to introduce hierarchy in tagging like (people/family, people/friends...).
Hierarchy in tagging is a great way to have all the tags readily available without cluttering the display with a long list of items. Playlist hierarchy in view schemes don't work in 223?.

- It's great to have some tips when entering tagging mode and no files are selected but if the colums are too narrow the message is not entirely visible and there is no way to resize the columns to see the message.

- (edit: sorry, I did not see it at first) <new tag> don't show in panes

- I like the checkboxes better than the old icon, it's more explicit.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

dragyn

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 02:00:02 am »

I had a view scheme that was setup to use 'delimited' fields.

In this build, only the values I manually typed in are showing. The other ones done with a 'copy/move field' are not.

If I switch a view scheme component from 'delimited field' to 'artist', only the artists show for the 'manually' typed fields.

Something broke in this build as everything was working fine before.

dragyn

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2003, 02:01:52 am »

When Importing files, MC crashes about 50% of the time. Ever since the 'new' file count in the importing window was implemented, this has been happening.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 02:30:10 am »

'MEDIA JUKEBOX' REFERENCE

located in the party mode dialog box
view -> party mode

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2003, 03:49:58 am »

The selection panes look silly without the scrollbar when you have few than the panes length worth of songs. Try making a selection so one of the panes have one or two items and you'll see what I mean.

Pink Waters

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2003, 07:14:06 am »

still restoring from maximize appears ghost vertical scrollbars in the liberary panes!!!!!!
Tamer

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2003, 07:14:45 am »

DVD playback still doesn't work in this build.  This is very important to me because Media Center 9.1 and Irfanview are the only media sotfware I run.  Irfanview I use only to preview files.

Also, DVD autoplay hasn't worked for me in the last few builds.

Media Center Registered 9.1.223 -- D:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1817 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Pink Waters

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2003, 07:21:52 am »

matt, we need a hover effect for volume and track sliders buttons for skinning skills...

another thing which is the pixels you added to the top/bottom areas of menus must be equal to the ones in the left/right... i think 1 more pixel space is needed!

Tamer

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2003, 07:48:19 am »

...identify the search bar text color and hilight color in it ??

matt, we need a hover effect for volume and track sliders buttons for skinning skills...

It's already there...take a look at the WinDoze skins. Maybe these pictures can help you, too ;)

To Matt: The Position Slider, the Volume Slider and the small Shuffle, DSP and Continious On/Off buttons loose mouse focus on their bottoms when they are placed a little bit lower (Take a look at the hover effect of the WinDoze skins, for example)... maybe there can be done something about it?  ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2003, 07:51:13 am »

loraan

Using "post process" commands like sort, crop, or full albums in view scheme searches will yield results that may be sometimes unexpected.

We add search strings in many places instead of running multiple searches.  This helps speed a lot, but also makes post-process commands work differently...

Next build will handle cascaded post-process searches as expected.  Speed won't be changed in most cases.  Please let us know how it works next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2003, 08:31:10 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    Moving Folders Causes Crash
    Moving a folder, whether the contents are imported or not, via Samba shares causes MC to hang and/or crash completely.  I've replicated this bug three times.  When MC is currently playing an MP3, MC crashes, when it is not, it hangs with the Updating Database dialog.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Focus Issues
    Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Mini-Me Playlist Columns
    When changing tracks by hand in Mini-Me mode (either via the keyboard or mouse), the track name column resizes itself to be very small, pulling the time column in with it.  http://www.misrule.org/junk/minime.jpg

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: High
      Sorting Preferences Inconsistent
      MC is inconsistently losing sorting preferences.[/s]

Suggestions/Requests
    • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
    • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It would make moving folders around so much easier.
    • Option to Suppress external encoder DOS window (e.g. LAME.EXE).

Pink Waters

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2003, 09:20:18 am »

Still i dont know why when we open a MC associcated media file from my computer opens MC on the start page that is selected in the option menu (mostly Startpage) instead of opening play now.
Tamer

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2003, 09:43:25 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    Moving Folders Causes Crash
    Moving a folder, whether the contents are imported or not, via Samba shares causes MC to hang and/or crash completely.  I've replicated this bug three times.  When MC is currently playing an MP3, MC crashes, when it is not, it hangs with the Updating Database dialog.

HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

Rands,
I believe you started a separate thread on the streaming problem, and that it worked for me.

The SAMBA problem may be a bug in SAMBA.  I recall someone had a similar problem a while back.  Can you confirm that it works when the content is not on a SAMBA drive?

Please start a new thread if you need to discuss it.

Jim

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2003, 09:50:49 am »

Rands,
I believe you started a separate thread on the streaming problem, and that it worked for me.

The SAMBA problem may be a bug in SAMBA.  I recall someone had a similar problem a while back.  Can you confirm that it works when the content is not on a SAMBA drive?

Please start a new thread if you need to discuss it.

Jim

As I've written before, I created a separate thread for the streaming problems and it gets ignored.  Other people have mentioned problems with streaming and it continues to be a bug for me on two machines.

As for the folder issue, this is something new that has just cropped up with the last two builds of MC.  It has worked flawlessly up until then.  There has been no changes to the Samba server, no other programs have this issue, so I have to assume that it's MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2003, 10:06:40 am »

As I've written before, I created a separate thread for the streaming problems and it gets ignored.  Other people have mentioned problems with streaming and it continues to be a bug for me on two machines.

A problem with streaming is not necessarily a bug.

As for the folder issue, this is something new that has just cropped up with the last two builds of MC.  It has worked flawlessly up until then.  There has been no changes to the Samba server, no other programs have this issue, so I have to assume that it's MC.

Possible, but not likely.  Again, try to duplicate it without SAMBA.[/quote]
Please use a separate thread.

Omni

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2003, 10:15:28 am »

The divider entry ("-------------------------") in the Genre's drop-down list is considered a valid selection even though it shouldn't be.

[omni, that was moved by mistake -- Jim]

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2003, 10:28:49 am »

A problem with streaming is not necessarily a bug.
Possible, but not likely.  Again, try to duplicate it without SAMBA.Please use a separate thread.

I agree that it's not necessarily a bug although I'm not sure what it could be otherwise since other software (e.g., Winamp and iTunes) do not have problems streaming.  I'll create another thread on this.

Meanwhile, I have replicated the folder bug on local drives.  However, it's inconsistent.  Based on MC's behavior, I'm guessing it has something to do with the library because the file gets moved (locally or remotely) before it crashes.  The crash  seems to happen when updating the library (once, it locked up while displaying the "Updating Library" dialog).  I find this odd that it updates the library anyway due to the fact that these are, more often than not, non-imported files/folders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up