INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zone-linked Bluetooth devices tend to be choppy  (Read 2180 times)

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
zone-linked Bluetooth devices tend to be choppy
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:45:05 am »

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to connect different bluetooth devices (2 speakers and/or 2/3 headphones), by creating zones for each and then linking them in pairs.

In most of these cases the audio is choppy/skips. I think the only pair that doesn't make audio choppy is when my two bluetooth speakers are linked.

Anyone has an idea, how I could correct this problem when pairing 2 bluetooth headphones or a speaker with headphones?

Also, I have noticed that I can't play video (i.e. youtube) in a zone linked pair. Is there a workaround to this?

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: zone-linked Bluetooth devices tend to be choppy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:24:49 pm »

Has anyone ideas of what is happening and how I could fix these problems?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:15:19 am »

I wasn't aware that you could pair more than one bluetooth device to the same computer receiver.  If you have 2 or more bluetooth receivers connected to your computer, I guess you can pair several.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they conflicted with each other because they are using the same wireless frequency band.  Bluetooth is designed for very short range, ad-hoc connections.  It's not nearly as robust as something like wifi.  I'm not sure if what you want to do is technically feasible or not.  You might want to do some research and/or contact the manufacturer of one of your Bluetooth devices to ask.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:40:09 am »

Try playing lower resolution audio (128Kbps MP3, for example).  It may just be related to the limited bandwidth of Bluetooth.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 03:53:18 am »

Thank you both for replying,

I tried playing with MP3 128k and ogg with lower resolution and also changed the output through DSP to 44100 Hz. Nothing changed. Also the manufacturer hasn't responded yet.

The two bluetooth speakers (different brands) can play linked together
while
the two bluetooth headsets (same brand/version) play a choppy sound
also
when linked speaker-headset sound is also distorted.

At first I thought that it might be the bluetooth protocol or bandwidth but since the two speakers can be linked together without problems, I guess we could succeed in linking all other devices as well...

If you have other ideas I will gladly try them.

In addition do you know how I could have the videos audio played from the linked speakers?

Pages: [1]   Go Up