INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I might be wrong, but....mkv movie player  (Read 2235 times)

dgossiaux1

I might be wrong, but....mkv movie player
« on: November 03, 2016, 07:19:59 pm »

Good day,
1.  Correct me if I am wrong, but why can I no longer play .mkv movies with MC?  I thought I remembered playing ANY kind of file with MC. Did video playback get cut?  I don't even see Theatre mode in my pane.  Help.

2. I was a licensed owner of JRMC21 and had a registered account, I had my login ID and PW stored away.  I tried to use that this evening to logon now and the system did not recognize my user id.  How come?  I had to re-create the one I previously had.  Have you had database issues?

? ? ?
Dan

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I might be wrong, but....mkv movie player
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:48 pm »

MC still plays MKV files just fine. Has for a very long time, and the very latest version still does. Perhaps a reboot of your system, and if necessary a re-install of MC would help? Otherwise, more information required. For example, do none of your MKV files play, or do just some have problems? Do all other formats play okay? Have you changed or installed anything new recently? etc.

The forum software was changed a few months back, but I haven't heard of anyone losing the login ID. Did you try to do a password recovery on the old account? Maybe one of the JRiver staff will answer this question with more information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I might be wrong, but....mkv movie player
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:35:30 am »

Good day,
1.  Correct me if I am wrong, but why can I no longer play .mkv movies with MC?  I thought I remembered playing ANY kind of file with MC. Did video playback get cut?  I don't even see Theatre mode in my pane.  Help.

Do you have MC "audio only" mode turned on?
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up