INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 Library Data Mac  (Read 4837 times)

ataddeo

• Recent member
MC 21 Library Data Mac
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »

Is there some magic that allows MC21 for Mac to import library data from my three watch folders that doesn't exist in any of these three folders?

The data used to be in my library but I removed the song data when I discovered a typo-o.

If data is not in a watched folder where does MC find this info and import it?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 Library Data Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.

Do you have some files you want to import?  Or do you have metadata about files that are already imported that you want to add in?  Or something else?

Brian.

ataddeo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:04:36 pm »

Thank You for replying to my question.

My music files are located on NetGear NAS 102 network system.  The data lives in the default location MC21 for Mac.  It appears at one time I had a folder on the NAS drives 102 with 12 album cuts that I removed.  MC keeps putting those deleted cuts in my library.

Could this phantom data be living in a cache someplace?  I know those album cuts are long gone but the data lives on.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »

Have you tried removing those songs/albums from MC?   Highlight them and do Edit > Delete .  Say "remove from library only" when you are prompted.

MC maintains library information separately from the files on disk.

If the above process doesn't work, please let us know what happens, so we can try to troubleshoot further.

Good luck!

Brian.

ataddeo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:21:28 pm »

Yes, thats the direction I've been using.  This morning I went with smartest search for bad files.  It finds a list of files and I use the library tool update from tags, that worked for a few files but it hasn't work in the last 5 or 6 attempts.  It appears there are 27 bad files that I can't fix ... yet.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »

Update from tags won't delete library entries as far as I know.

I'm asking about Edit > Delete .  Have you tried this?  If so, what happens?

Brian.

ataddeo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 04:48:03 pm »

Yes, I have tried that and later down the road I find they have come back.  I just realized that I could have used right click> erase.  Is that different than edit>delete ?

Same kind of problem happens when I use a smartest to find bad files, I erase them and they go away then later they come back.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 06:50:28 am »

Yes, I have tried that and later down the road I find they have come back.

That's surprising.  I would only expect this to happen if you are moving files around on disk outside of MC.  Are you moving files around from time to time out side of MC?

I would recommend that you look at the path to some of these missing files and see if that gives you a clue as to where these entries came from.  Maybe they are from disks you have renamed, or directories that you have moved to new places?  Just guessing.

I just realized that I could have used right click> erase.  Is that different than edit>delete ?

I've never seen that option before.  Maybe you are using a different language than English?

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up