INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Access Problem  (Read 2850 times)

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote Access Problem
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:24:45 pm »

Hello, JimH and the rest of Team MC.  I am successfully streaming from my home NAS to my iPhone via JRemote.  When I try the same on my work PC, or my personal PC, I get an error loading library message.  Initially, I could see that the home library was actually downloading to the local PC, but then instead of opening to the imported home library, the error message comes up.  It doesn't matter whether I use the Access Key or my Public IP Address -- the result is coming out the same on these two different PCs.  I thought it might be an issue with some blocking on my work IP Address, but I get the same result if I use my own wifi puck to connect my PC to.  I am using MC22 at home (and it is a new installation in the past 48 hours) and have imported my old library and settings at home -- so the Access Key in MC22 shows up as the same one as I was previously using.  This did work previously before the MC22 upgrade.  I have MC21 currently on my work and personal PCs that I am trying to remote my home library into.  I have not generated a new Access Key since the switch at home to MC22, but since that Access Key and my Public IP Address are working for JRemote on my iPhone, I did not see any reason to do so.

What am I missing here?  Thanks for the help.  JCR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote Access Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:23 pm »

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

Jim, I'm already following your instructions on the linked wiki. I do have port forwarding operating and I know my Access Key and outside IP address. That's why JRemote works remotely for me on my iPhone, of course.  But using two different PCs with the same Access Key or alternatively my outside IP address, I get my error message. That's what is perplexing me, given all I did was upgrade to MC22.  Thanks. JCR

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:45:46 pm »

I am using MC22 at home (and it is a new installation in the past 48 hours) and have imported my old library and settings at home -- so the Access Key in MC22 shows up as the same one as I was previously using.  This did work previously before the MC22 upgrade.  I have MC21 currently on my work and personal PCs that I am trying to remote my home library into.  I have not generated a new Access Key since the switch at home to MC22, but since that Access Key and my Public IP Address are working for JRemote on my iPhone, I did not see any reason to do so.

This is your problem.  There were breaking library changes between MC21 and MC22, so MC21 library clients cannot connect to an MC22 server (and I believe vice versa).  You'll need to get all the systems on the same version to get things working.

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:11:15 pm »

Spot on!  I upgraded my Surface Pro 2 laptop from MC21 to MC22 and voila, the Access Key lets me remote back into my home network. Thanks for jumping in. Cheers. JCR

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »

Spot on!  I upgraded my Surface Pro 2 laptop from MC21 to MC22 and voila, the Access Key lets me remote back into my home network. Thanks for jumping in. Cheers. JCR

Good deal, glad you got it sorted!
Pages: [1]   Go Up