INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TSRenderStreamsToWriter  (Read 3501 times)

Nobiles

• Recent member
TSRenderStreamsToWriter
« on: November 15, 2016, 03:26:04 am »

Hi,

My new tv-card / CAM generates an error, when watching encrypted tv channels: "Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph. Es wurden keine Zwischenfilter für die Herstellung der Verbindung gefunden."

My old tv-card and CAM (Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD CI) have worked, but the picture showed judder, so I had to replace.

My new card is a "Digital Devices DD Cine C2/T2 V7" and "DD DuoFlex CI".

As long as the CI module (CONAX) is not assigned to any of the two tuners, there is no error message and I can watch all unecrypted channels. When I assign the CI module to tuner 1, only tuner 2 workes for unecrpyted channels. I can not watch the encrypted channels. When I assign the CI module to both tuners, nothing workes and the error message appears. Could this be a driver issue or is this device not compatible to JRiver?

Thx and regards
Matt

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TSRenderStreamsToWriter
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:39:03 am »

MC cannot play copy protected content.

Nobiles

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:45:47 am »

Oh, ok thank you for the info.

So I have to investigate, why my old Terratec tv card was able to play encrypted tv channels in JRiver. It's already a long time ago when I have set it up. Maybe there is a third party software in the background.

Best regards
Matt

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:18:29 am »

In the USA Encrypted is not the same as Copy Protected. Encrypted mean you need a cable card and Copy Protected means it's got a CCI Flag like Copy Once/Never. Just because it's encrypted, does not necessarily mean it's copy protected. MC will play encrypted (non-copy protected).
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Nobiles

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:36:20 am »

Thank you for clarification.

Yes I am sure, that MC can play encrypted tv channels (pay tv). I just never saw this error message before with the old Terratec card inside ("Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph"). To what is this message related to? Is this an MC issue or a Digital Devices issue? In the Digital Devices software, I am just able to assign the CI CAM to the tuners, so the encrypted tv channels will be decrypted. As I unterstand, this API is outside of the MC environment. I am bit confused, because MC does not really have to handle the decription.

Best regards
Matt

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:34:12 am »

The error message says that we failed to handle the tuner part of the system.  It could be cause by many different things (such as hardware failure or driver error), but since you see it only with playing encrypted channels, then that most likely is the reason.  As previous posters indicated, we do not support playing encrypted channels (even with CAM).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Nobiles

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:39:25 am »

Ok, I see. Thank you anyway for you answers. If I will find the issue, I will post it.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 07:27:32 am »

In the USA Encrypted is not the same as Copy Protected. Encrypted mean you need a cable card and Copy Protected means it's got a CCI Flag like Copy Once/Never. Just because it's encrypted, does not necessarily mean it's copy protected. MC will play encrypted (non-copy protected).

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up