INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver locks out other audio  (Read 5195 times)

guitarman

• Recent member
JRiver locks out other audio
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »

I'm using JRiver in exclusive mode. I have a Rega USB DAC and after playing any sound files, if I try to play youtube or any other sound source outside of jriver there is no sound. Its like jriver is still locking everything out. I usually have to restart my computer to get it working again. It really is annoying. Anyone have any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver locks out other audio
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »

Turn Exclusive off in the audio settings.  That's what it is supposed to do.

guitarman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »

Yeah but I have the program completely closed and no process running in task manager. I need exclusive mode for my hi rez files. But when the program is shut right down something else is still hanging on to the audio. Right now I can't even find where exclusive mode is to turn it off.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:07:56 pm »

You don't need exclusive mode for Hi Res files.

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Settings.

guitarman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:15:52 pm »

You don't need exclusive mode for Hi Res files.

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Settings.

I'm good all the way from Options > Audio > Audio Settings. After that there is no where to find where I turn off exclusive mode. I know I was able to find it somewhere before. Long ago I experimented with it. When exclusive mode was off the hi rez files defaulted down to CD quality. I know as it was indicated on my Rega USB DAC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 08:47:05 pm »

Are you really still using MC17?

I have the onboard audio set to exclusive mode on my Workstation. With MC running I can play and hear YouTube videos. If I start playing audio in MC, YouTube errors out. If I have something playing in MC and try to start YouTube, YouTube fails to start. That is what I expected; Exclusive Mode only has an effect if MC is actually playing something.

So something else is wrong or has changed. Maybe something to do with your DAC. Firmware? Driver?

The setting you want is at: Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device > Device Settings > "Open device for exclusive access" checkbox.

Note that MC takes a little while to fully shut down, so if there is a problem in MC, wait a little while after shutting it down before testing other audio applications.

If you do turn off Exclusive Mode, and check the MC Audio Path when playing Hi Res files to see what it is outputting. If it is CD quality, you have some settings wrong in DSP, or something else is set up wrong.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David Flatt

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:16:56 am »

If you do turn off Exclusive Mode, and check the MC Audio Path when playing Hi Res files to see what it is outputting. If it is CD quality, you have more settings wrong in DSP, or something else is set up wrong.

Works like a charm. Thanks for the clarification!
Pages: [1]   Go Up