INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Puter can't see drivers/DAC  (Read 3042 times)

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
'Puter can't see drivers/DAC
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:52:22 am »

2 days ago my Cary Audio DAC was a-ok, playing off JRiver, but now JRiver does not see the DAC.

Tried many times to connect using the required Streamlength (Psycon) driver but the application will not see the usb connection, no matter how many times I unplug and plug in (dual headed Audiocadabra USB- though I had the same issue before with a single usb cable).
The DAC sees the coax input just fine.
I've had the problem more than once before and thought the DAC was faulty, Then turned it on one day and everybody shook hands and all has been well.
So I left it for a day (daft I know but hey).
Help!

OS is Win10.
Lenovo box (any 'puter had the same issue)
Lenovo Tiny>Audioquest Jitterbug>Cary Audio DAC100t>Modwright LS100 pre>Hypex Ncore monoblocks>Eminent Technology LFT8B's and Vandersteen 2Wq subs. Cardas/Audiomica cables

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: 'Puter can't see drivers/DAC
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:12:03 am »

I forgot that I asked about this 15 months ago- http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,100258.msg694892.html#msg694892

Didn;t get far. Then, last time try before I took the DAC back to the dealer- it worked... ?
Lenovo Tiny>Audioquest Jitterbug>Cary Audio DAC100t>Modwright LS100 pre>Hypex Ncore monoblocks>Eminent Technology LFT8B's and Vandersteen 2Wq subs. Cardas/Audiomica cables

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:44:08 am »

Received a prompt response from Cary Audio
"I have seen PC's lose connection before.  I still don't understand why it happens but something in the PC looses driver communication/connection.  Sometimes you have to go in and delete the driver and reboot the PC , then reload the driver again and everything works.

You can also try the DAC-100 on another PC to see if everything works.  If you can't get it to work on another PC then we know there is something wrong with the DAC USB input which would need repair.  If it works on another PC then there is something going on in the existing PC driver communication and you might want to delete the driver, reboot and reload the driver.

I don't have any other ideas on this for you.  It can only really be one of the two options."

What a drag...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 10:51:23 am »

If you haven't done so, power everything down and back up.  Network, computers, DAC, etc.

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 11:21:35 am »

If you haven't done so, power everything down and back up.  Network, computers, DAC, etc.
Done- not network since I am not using that (hard drive> Lenovo> DAC).
No joy.
Someone has suggested Daphile but I have to work my head around that (not a 'puter boff- or any other kind of boff).
Pages: [1]   Go Up