INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on setting up JRiver MC  (Read 2170 times)

Ad Astra

• Recent member
Advice on setting up JRiver MC
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:04:45 pm »

Hi,

I have migrated to Windows 10 so looking for a replacement for Windows Media Center and JRiver looks a good choice. I am struggling to understand how to set up JRiver MC.

I am keen to run JRiver on my HTPC and connect the audio via my HiFi and at the same time stream the audio to another device e.g. a iPad in the Kitchen. Is this possible in JRiver MC using zones?

I am also testing setting up playlists etc. AFter testing is there an easy way to get JRiver MC to rebuild the database from stratch and reimport my music tracks?

Many thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Advice on setting up JRiver MC
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:34:14 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You can clear your library to start over.  It's under the File menu, then Library Manager.

You could use one of the remote programs  to stream audio to another location.  Please read the wiki topic on Remotes, and especially about JRemote.

Ad Astra

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:26:50 am »

Hi

Thanks for the welcome and information. I will buy a copy of JRemote.

I have had a look at the Wiki, struggling to get to terms with everything quickly. Could you confirm if I can send the same audio to both the receiver attached to my HTPC via HDMI and stream to the iPad in the Kitchen at the same time? If so that would be a really great feature that I will need to get setup.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 02:43:34 pm »

JRemote won't allow you to "push" audio from MC to the IPad.  You can go to JRemote on the ipad and play music locally to the ipad from JRiver.  But it won't be in sync with any other playback and it is completely controlled by JRemote on the ipad; not by JRiver on the computer.

Brian.

Ad Astra

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:16:13 am »

Thanks for the clarification Brian.

Is this a feature that could be added in a future release? E.g. some kind of multi-cast option that any client could opt into and therefore sycronise playback in different rooms?

Many thanks

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »

You should be able to find a DLNA/uPnP app that runs on your iPad.  It should show up in JRiver on your computer as a destination for audio. From the keyboard of your computer, you should able to play to one destination and sync to another.  A quick link

http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/dlna-streaming

Pages: [1]   Go Up