INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Not importing all music filed  (Read 4595 times)

Martyy

• Recent member
MC Not importing all music filed
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:49:44 pm »

I hav purchased the latest media center. It downloaded some files but not all of my music. All my music is on the computer files under "this PC>music". I have read the import instructions and nothing works. What am I doing wrong? This is a brand new computer with windows 10. Please don't just tell me to follow the instructions. There should be some way to contact you. Can you call me to walk through this?
Thanks.
Marty

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: MC Not importing all music filed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »

OK, we're going to get you up and running.

I'll try to make this a simple step by step process. At the end you should be up and running. If it works, great. If not we'll start again taking it one step at a time confirming each step of the way that you are set up correctly.

1) First we are going to configure your "Auto-Import Options"
2) Then we will do the import of your files based on the Auto-Import Options
3) Then you can play your music

1) Go to: Tools->Import->Configure Auto-Import->NEXT-> (here you add the folder(s) you want to import - use the add button and browse to the folder) ->click FINISH
2) Go to: Tools->Import->Run Auto-Import Now->FINISH
3) Play your music using MC22, everything you configured in step 2) should be there.

Report back the results...

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:40:16 am »

I have tried this numerous times to no avail. I had a computer expert come over last evening. Here is what he suggested I ask:
"I've imported the music into JRiver, however only 150 of the albums have come across organized as albums in the media center. Is there a way that I can have it recognize the albums as they are organized into folders so that they appear in the media center? For instance, The Beatles 1 album and Adele 21 album does not appear. I have to type that in the search bar to find the files, rather than showing on the list." Very frustrating. Is there any chance of actually talking to get through this transition from PMW to JRiver (I have bought a subscription). Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 09:57:16 am »

Pono Music World (PMW) is a variant of JRiver MC.  As such, you should be able to do what's called a Library Backup in PMW.  This will allow you to transfer all of your albums, etc, just as they appear in PMW, over to JRiver MC.

This may or may not be the easy way to do this.  I started to type up a big description of this, but I'm not going to for now.  Mainly because you're moving across computers and it could get kind of complicated.

Instead, maybe we need to figure out what's up with the files that don't show as albums.  I'm guessing that these albums, like the Adel album, don't have any metadata.  Like Album and Artist names for example.  If you pull up those albums and look in the columns for Album and Artist, do you see anything there?  I'm guessing they are blank.

If so, the only good way to make MC display them as albums is to fill in the Album, Artist, etc tags.  You might be able to do this in a semi-automatic way, using the Fill Properties From Filename tool.  The key here is to understand what data you are working with and why it shows up the way it does.  Did PMW show all of your albums, including Adel 21, properly as albums?

Brian.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:04:33 pm »

Ok. If I go to Files under Audio, it contains the artist name under the Name list, but nothing under either Artist or Album. Although, Under the filename it shows C:\Users\marty\Music\Adele\21\Adele\song name
It is this way for a large part of my music library.
Suggestions?

Thanks
Marty

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »

Your files may be missing the Album tags.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »

It mentions the album names under the filename column. What can we do about it. It's many, many great albums.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 02:54:38 pm »

You can do entire albums at a time.  Search for a title, select the files, then change the album tag.

It is possible to do this with an expression but unless you have hundreds of albums to do, it's probably quicker to do it manually.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »

Jim,
Success. Was able to add the artist and album info and then import. It takes a little time, but works. Thanks.
When I connect my Pono to the computer I assume I will get similar prompts as I did from PMW since you guys developed it. It will also allow me to add single audio files to either the E or F drive of the Pono device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up