INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chord 2Qute DAC Correct settings  (Read 4102 times)

smuwhite

Chord 2Qute DAC Correct settings
« on: December 29, 2016, 02:43:27 pm »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on the forum. After sampling my free 30 day trial i decided to purchase my license and slowly build up my hi-res music collection.

I own a great Chord 2Qute dac with an excellent USB input which is galvanically isolated for greater sonic performance. 2Qute offers support up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD up to 128 all via DoP. The instructions also state that ASIO is included for windows drivers which is what my laptop is, a 3 month old ASUS with Windows 10.

I've had no joy since I started downloading music, getting crackling noise, very loud white noise and even no sound while a file is definitely playing.

A few days ago I downloaded Eagles 192 and some Michael Jackson on DSD from HDtracks through their own download software, which transfers it automatically to JRiver and I got the same crackling interference. I had a play about with my JRiver setting but this just made things better but then worse. I'm really not sure what i'm doing!

When you go into Tools-Options-audio Device there are at least 4 Chord devices to choose from, but no 2Qute, never mind the amount of playback options there are and DSD options to pic from. To be honest, i'm out of my depth a bit and wish someone would look at the 2Qute spec and advise me on exactly what options to choose to make my music work well without the crackling and interference noise.

I don't think it's the downloads themselves, as some work perfectly and my laptop is hard wired to my router when downloading. I think it is my settings which may be causing the problems.

I'm not a computer expert by any means and only use my laptop for the very basics, so if someone could help I would be very greatful.

At least if i can get all of my settings accurate we can rule that out!

Kind regards,

Stuart.

smuwhite

Re: Chord 2Qute DAC Correct settings
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:21:13 am »

Hi,

I studied my Chord DAC instruction manual which is ultra basic!
I went into my laptop/Windows setting and checked everything was ok there.
I made some changes to my JRiver settings after re reading helpfull set up and eventually got Eagles 192 playing perfect for a couple of minutes, then it it slowed away down and started to crackle again. I then tried M.Jackson DSD and it had lots of interference.

If this call for help is not in the appropriate section, could a moderator possibly move it to where someone could help me please.

Kind regards,

Stuart.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Chord 2Qute DAC Correct settings
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:46:08 am »

To use ASIO, you need a driver from the manufacturer.

You could instead use WASAPI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up