INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playing random in JMC22 through my entire library  (Read 2088 times)

bochtenwerk

playing random in JMC22 through my entire library
« on: December 30, 2016, 09:20:03 am »

I have a library of approximately 15000 tracks. I can't figure out How to  play random through and including all tracks in my library. Can anyone supply a step by step guide?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: playing random in JMC22 through my entire library
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:12 am »

Welcome to the forum.

You could select all and right click to play.  Look at the "Other Play Options".

Smartlists could be used.  There are some under Playlists.

Play Doctor does interesting things if you start with a few "seed tracks".

The wiki has some topics that might help.

bochtenwerk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:38:27 am »

Thank you. But how do I select ALL using the JRiver-App om my Ipad? Or do I have to make that choice on the computer? Whenever I PLAY DOCTOR I always have the feeling as if the majority of artists are ignored! I want to include each and every item whenever I play RANDOM!

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:22:13 am »

Thank you. But how do I select ALL using the JRiver-App om my Ipad? Or do I have to make that choice on the computer? Whenever I PLAY DOCTOR I always have the feeling as if the majority of artists are ignored! I want to include each and every item whenever I play RANDOM!

MC creates a few smartlists automatically, including "100 random songs". As you're unlikely to listen to 15,000 tracks straight through, the 100 Randsom Songs smartlist is probably going to be good enough. But if it isn't, you can either modify it or copy it to include more tracks. There is not much point in burdening the server and your IPad with the task of managing a playlist of 15,000 tracks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up