INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automation of Export to iTunes  (Read 4641 times)

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Automation of Export to iTunes
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:16:38 pm »

Hi there,
Manually exporting my media library to iTunes works fine.
Now I would like to run a regular batch process to do that.
I am already working with the Media Core Commands through some simple batch files.
Unfortunately the corresponding command MCC_EXPORT_ITUNES (20030) does not work. I get an error message that the iTunes SDK could not be loaded.
Tried it in Version 18 and also 22...

Any idea? Or is this just not possible this way?

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Automation of Export to iTunes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:31:34 am »

Did you get an answer to this question?

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:40:13 am »

Is there a way to export "all" of my playlists to iTunes using "Export to iTunes & iPhone" function?
I have a number of playlist (many are sub lists) example
Top Songs
  Top country
    2007 top country
    2008 top country
  Top Pop
    2015 top pop
    2016 top pop
I would like to have seven playlists when finished.  a playlist for each of the items above.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:56:12 pm »

Jim
Can you point me to an answer to this....
You can do it for one playlist, why not all of them.
I would make our life (the guys with iPhones) so much easier.
Thank you for a great product over the years.

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »

Just a reminder that this is still open :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 05:58:38 pm »

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:17:46 am »

Jim
That is the reverse of the way I need it to work.  I use JRiver for everything.  Only have iTunes because of my iPhone.  I need to get playlists on my iPhone so I keep a iTunes system mirrored of my JRiver.  My requirement is to have the ability to get playlists into iTunes.  I have the music in there already.  My current solution involves deleting my iTunes playlists and reimporting the jriver playlists.  This is probably the best way to do it.  KillTopLevelPlaylists will delete all playlists in my iTunes.  Then I export all playlists to disk and reimport them into iTunes.  I have hundreds of playlists so this takes some time, but it does work and each playlist is in the correct sequence.  Hopefully this helps others.  Another problem with this is that there is no structure to the playlist they are all at the same level.  But it does work.

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 04:29:33 am »

Time to warm this up again as my first post is still valid for MC25 with the exception that JRiver seems to have started doing something to the iTunes export functions  :)

Joelava

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 05:17:04 am »

I used the MCiTunesSynchronizer until approximately MC 21/22. Worked really well. It did not delete removed songs but did a great job of adding new list TO iTunes and new songs to an existing playlist. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.0

Absinthe

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 10:52:44 pm »

I have a similar issue but have selected a completely different solution.  I keep my entire library in Flac or MP3.  I specifically chose not to go with Apple Lossless because originally it was a proprietary codec.  Eventually Apple pulled its head out of its fruit and made their codec open source but alas much too late to alter my plans; by then the majority of my CD's were ripped to FLAC.  I used MC to warehouse, tag and rate my music exclusively.  When I want to send a playlist to my iPod or iPhone, I export the playlist to an M3U file in a shared directory on my NAS then use MediaMonkey to import the playlist.  MediaMonkey will natively sync to all the Apple products and convert tracks from Flac to ALAC on the fly.  There are no mirrored databases or duplicate anything, and the bonus is I never have to open iTunes   

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 12:22:28 pm »

Thanks guys.
I am using my MCiTunesSynchronizer still with version 25 and it works well enough although it is a slog with 17k songs to keep synched.
I have still not given up hope that one day it will work without third party software and without the fear that the workflow can break anytime...
Pages: [1]   Go Up