INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS4 is unable to play audio when any conversion is applied  (Read 1763 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
PS4 is unable to play audio when any conversion is applied
« on: January 07, 2017, 04:34:31 am »

I have a PS4 and have configured a DLNA server in jriver for it, video and image playback works fine but audio seems v flaky. I found a descriptor from some media player that apparently works well with the PS4 here -> https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer/UniversalMediaServer/blob/master/src/main/external-resources/renderers/Sony-PlayStation4.conf

Most of my audio is flac and if I set audio to "Original" then it plays back ok. If I set it to transcode to any of the PCM formats, the PS4 can't see any playable media (but it can see the folders), if I set it to MP3 then it can see the media but playback fails. This seems to rule out any use of the DSP engine in jriver.

Any ideas on how to get this to work with audio conversion? I notice jriver has a PS3 DLNA server profile option, not sure what that actually does or whether a PS4 equivalent might help. I have tried the various profiles (sony bd/tv, generic etc) with no success.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PS4 is unable to play audio when any conversion is applied
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:37:28 am »

Why not use original?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: PS4 is unable to play audio when any conversion is applied
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 04:45:52 am »

I wanted to apply volume levelling (and possibly EQ later)
Pages: [1]   Go Up