INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver disappears  (Read 2330 times)

John Oster

• Recent member
Driver disappears
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:48 am »

I have an Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player and Windows 10 on my laptop. The Esoteric has 3 settings for the USB input: Nor (normal) and two HS (hi speed). I installed its driver on my laptop that allows for the 2 hi-speed modes (they can handle a higher sampling rate than Nor mode, which doesn't require a special driver), but it disappears from the JR audio device list whenever I switch modes, and then my computer defaults to its internal audio driver. Also, I get no audio with either hi-speed mode. I will greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer.
MacBook Pro>MC26>McIntosh MA9000>DALI Epicon2/SVS Ultra 13

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Driver disappears
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:36 pm »

You would probably have more luck asking Esoteric support. This is a driver or hardware problem and thus not relevant to MC.

From a general standpoint make sure that you have installed their latest driver as well as the latest drivers for your USB chipset, which are usually available from your computer manufacturer. Also try using a different (preferably shorter) USB cable.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

Thanks. I am awaiting a call back. Another person I know has had the same driver disappearing act when using MC, so I thought it was worth a shot.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:21:26 pm »

If you are savvy you might have luck investigating hardware events in the Windows event viewer when changing modes on the device. It really does sound like an insufficient power issue to me, which can sometimes be remedied by the suggestions in my last post.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »

They never called back, but I finally got ahold of someone today--he said there must be something wrong with the USB port/driver and to send it to them for a repair. I don't want to do without it in order to fix something I will rarely use (sorry, but I vastly prefer discs!).

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 08:49:26 pm »

You would probably have more luck asking Esoteric support. This is a driver or hardware problem and thus not relevant to MC.

From a general standpoint make sure that you have installed their latest driver as well as the latest drivers for your USB chipset, which are usually available from your computer manufacturer. Also try using a different (preferably shorter) USB cable.

I checked the USB drivers--all are up to date. I do plan to buy a shorter and better quality cable Since my last post, I have downloaded several 24/96 files and love the sound, so I'm most eager to get this work with higher res files. I called Esoteric again--the chief engineer/tech is supposed to call back tomorrow (Tuesday 2/7).

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:52 pm »

While I'm waiting to hear back (Esoteric contacted their Japanese engineers to see of they can help), does this driver setting look right?

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 02:39:44 pm »

Long story short, I got it to work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up