INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.218 beta available  (Read 11160 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.218 beta available
« on: July 18, 2003, 01:42:57 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91218.exe    

(backup your library before installing)  

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:

1. Changed: MC uses a better image greyscale algorithm.
2. Fixed: MC would not handle external cover art for files with no album tag properly.
3. NEW: Added "Old fashioned (sepia)" as an optional image playback effect.
4. Fixed: MC would not copy / paste images properly.
5. Changed: Expanded image playback menu to show all commands. (i.e. zoom, scroll, etc.)
6. NEW: Added support for storing and retrieving images from WMA files.
7. NEW: Added image optimization to email images window.
8. NEW: Added custom size to email images window.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

Re: Media Center 9.1.218 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 02:22:42 pm »

Sepia should be fun to play with :)

What might be really cool (not sure how hard it'd be to do) would be colour hues.

Like basically greyscale but then with a colour overlay so the images are: Green or Red or Yellow or whatever. If you have it set to randomly bounce between colours it'd make a REALLY cool display mode for pictures.

Not sure if you know what I mean :)

Sepia looks AWESOME!!!!

Also, I noticed that the menu for image tools ALL have their shortcut key listed next to them _ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I love knowing the shortcut keys - it speeds everything up sooo much!!

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 02:35:30 pm »

Change Request    

When using the panes, if you click on artist then album and then click back to artist all it should find the whole album, not reset.    

Eg,    

Artist - Amanda Marshall    
Album - Much More Music.    

What dispays is 1 song, If I click back on Artist All, it should find all songs from that album regardless of artist
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a logitech wireless keyboard with a Media button. All of my media players display except for Media Center.

-

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 02:40:07 pm »

Normal boring bit now:

BUGS
  • New View schemes inside groups are not appearing unless the group is first opened then closed.

• Can no longer customise which items on the toolbar have text via the registry hack.

• Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.

• The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.  

• Dont have 'rotate' tools for .bmp's - only jpg's.

• Grouping for 'Last Played, Filename, Dimensions, FileSize etc dont work - we need to be able to perform grouping with these too

• Clicking on the blank space in the properties window expands the 'Calculated Fields' group - with all the other groups we have to click on the group name - calculated fields should be like that too.

• ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing  

• No real way to control images sent to 'playing now' if there are a lot of them - just says: too many to list - means I cant remove, re-order them at all or anyting - kind of defeats the purpose. Would like to be able to toggle the playlist in 'playing now' to toggle between the audio files and the images so that the list could show me all my images and let me deal with them properly. (similar to what we see when no songs are playing)

• Choosing Fields to add /change to - needs to be split instead of one big list:
    - Audio
    - Date
    - File
    - Custom

(Should follow the properties grouping - Which we need to be able to set and customise ourselves (preferably per view scheme)

REQUESTS

• The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window means that beginners are not aware of the other panes.

Location Toolbar
  • Be able to customise this per view scheme so we can change it for audio views and image views.

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups  
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window  
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)

• An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST give us a prompt before wiping out the playlist after burning.

Marty3d

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 02:43:39 pm »

*NEW*
- The scrollbar in Properties is broken, sort of. Another user reported a jerky toolbar in preferences, now it's in properties as well. Haven't seen it since 9.0

*OLD*
- MC is crashing when selecting the group of custom playlists/smartlists

- Adding all mp3 files to Playing now, playing for instance #100, exiting MC and starting again, the currently playing file is not in focus of main pane. You have to scroll up to see currently playing file.

- If Playback filter is set to skip a smartlist (let's say rating=1,2) and you change the smartlist to rating=1 then you have to restart MC for the changes to be active. Alternatively you remove all filtering and add it again.

- MC re-tags track number AGAIN! For new-comers, this means that you have the track format 0x before you import the mp3:s, after import, MC have tagged them x. Happens on random (could be earlier version of MC 9.1 as well) UPDATE: The change of xx to x doesn't occur until you change another tag, genre for instance.

Marko

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 03:24:42 pm »

Here's a couple b4 bed.....

1. I start MC from a shortcut set to start minimised, and MC is set to minimise to the tray. When MC starts, it paints circa ¾ of the app before it drops to the tray. (a few builds back, it would just appear in the tray as expected)

2. My cd burner's max cd-r write speed is 16x but MC is only allowing a max setting of 10x (this is the max write speed for cd-rw)

Media Center Registered 9.1.218 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1610 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 471 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Listening to: 'The Hurting Time' from 'Bare' by 'Annie Lennox' on Media Center 9.1

Night all, see you's in the morning :)
-marko

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 03:59:17 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Medium
    Navigations Not Accurate
    Using Favorites or the Back Button just returns to the requested section rather than the actual location.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
  • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It'd make moving folders around so much easier.
Toast goes in the toaster.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 04:38:17 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations

Rands,
Please see my reply on build 217.

Thanks,

Jim

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 04:56:37 pm »

Rands,
Please see my reply on build 217.

Thanks,

Jim

Please see my reply to your reply on build 217.   :P

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 05:29:27 pm »

Hi,

Fixed problem:
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.

Serious problems:
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.  
However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.
- Panes should be resizeable.
- Want to disable pane from edit view scheme like we can disable tree.
- In tree view, we cannot select multiple item by using control/shift key.  Hope this will be available in future.

Not serious:  
- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 14 seconds (it was 14 sec on 217, 7 sec on 213, 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it is longer than 213 now.) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

Thanks.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 06:15:35 pm »

Bug for MC9

The "Complete Albums" logic failed the following song.  It thought it was part of its own album or something, because it alone showed up on the Auto Smartlist "Task -- Incomplete Albums".  The rest of this (complete, btw) album didn't show up here, just this song:

Cake - Comfort Eagle - 02 - Meanwhile, Rick James...

Its filename was "02 - Meanwhile, Rick James....mp3"; after futzing around for a bit, I had the notion to change the filename to "02 - Meanwhlie, Rick James.mp3" and it vanished without a complaint from the "Task -- Incomplete Albums" smartlist.

Media Center Registered 9.1.218 -- P:\Software\Installed Programs\J River\

Intel Pentium 4 1788 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 355 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

221bBS

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 07:09:05 pm »

BUGS

• PLAYING NOW
    The highlight (focus) use to keep the focus on the current playing track. It no longer does this. [6/27/2003]
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    Moving from one VIEW SCHEME to another VIEW SHEME is sluggish. [7/17/2003]
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    Right-Clicking on a VIEW SCHEME sends you to the VIEW SCHEME and then brings up the COMMAND MENU. Right-clicking on a VIEW SCHEME should not send you to the VIEW SCHEME it should just bring up the COMMAND MENU. [6/30/2003]
  • PLAYER BAR
    Does not display CALCULATED FIELDS correctly [7/17/2003]
  • VISUALIZATIONS
    Visualizations does not react when using 4 or 5.1 channels (OUTPUT FORMAT) [7/17/2003]

WISHLIST

• TAG FIELDS
    Artist and Genre fields have the option to become list-Type fields
  • PANE (COLUMN) VIEW
    Able to resize the panes
  • PANE (COLUMN) VIEW>COLUMN PROPERTIES
    When grouping by 1, have the ability to group all the numbers
  • FILE INFO PANE
    Able to create groups, rename the default group titles, move any field to any group & to be able to organize the fields order
  • LIBRARY TOOL>FIND AND REPLACE...
    Have the option to add words to the beginning and end.
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    PLUG-INS VIEW does not show on a clean install...would like it to show since clicking on it will send me to the plug-in web site

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 08:04:02 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.      

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!  

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.    

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.    

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.  

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them
This is an old bug.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 01:09:03 am »

If I play a song in Now Playing it correctly displays the cover art in the lower left part of the screen.  However, if I then forward to another song it doesn't update the lower left screen.

jleerigby

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 02:32:19 am »

OPEN: Double click item in a view pane e.g. Artist or Album does not follow double click behaviour as specified in General Options it just does a Replace Playing Now.  Double click item in tree does work according to option set.

OPEN: Can't drag and drop into playlist when a library view is first displayed and you try and drag from left-most column (artist column in my case). If you click on another column you can drag and drop.

Thanks again very much for listening and changing the search bar behaviour.

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2003, 06:15:16 am »

Am I the only one that thinks these features need adding??

1) Can we have an option to have the AlbumArtist tag filled in automatically on a CD rip AND on right clicking a selection of files. If MC9 detects that all artists are the same for each song, it puts in the artist name, BUT if the artists differ it inputs Various Artists.

2) Can we please have shortcuts for Replace Playing Now and Add To Playing Now. This will the complement the Enter key which plays an entire selection.

Does anyone agree or dissagree?

Vic

wallyworld

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2003, 06:20:35 am »

With each new beta release I keep hoping to see support for the X10 remotes restored. Is this in the cards? If not, time for me to go back to 9.0. I see the dlls in my plugin folder- but none of the betas to date will let me add them. If there's a registry fix could someone please pass it on. Thanks!

RedJ

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2003, 06:48:23 am »

When installing one of the recent builds of the beta (my best guess is 213) something bad happened to my license.  I am now operating in trial mode and it's telling me I need to restore my license.  Since it's telling me I have 28 days left on my trial period, I'm pretty sure this didn't happen the first time I installed the beta.  Restore from web worked, but hope this doesn't happen a lot during beta

Otherwise, so far so good.

jleerigby

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2003, 07:02:23 am »

Serious Bug:  Back button does not take you back to previous view if you use panes to navigate.  E.g.
In Pane 1 click artist M-P
In Pane 2 click artist N
In Pane 3 click artist Natalie Cole
In Pane 4 click album Anthology
Click Playing Now
Click back
The above 4 panes are displayed with <all> selected instead of the album Anthology.

If you use the tree instead it's Ok but I prefer to disable the tree in favour of panes.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 07:07:31 am »

Small bug:

When uploading to an ftp server, the options button will only bring up the options dialog when the Generate HTML Index document is checked.

MC will always resize images according to the previous option setting whether or not an index is set, though.

jleerigby

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 08:08:24 am »

MC Refuses to store an image inside file (pasted from clipboard) and insists on storing it in the cover art file despite the following:

• The option is correctly set
  • It worked Ok for the last album I tagged (ripped in same way)
  • I removed cover art and retried
  • MMJB worked fine

jleerigby

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 12:36:08 pm »

To get to the play menu you now have to right click and select Send To> Play.  This menu is really useful and I'm sure that it's used regulary by many users - any chance of a tool bar button?

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 10:49:45 pm »

Serious Bug:  Back button does not take you back to previous view if you use panes to navigate.  E.g.
In Pane 1 click artist M-P
In Pane 2 click artist N
In Pane 3 click artist Natalie Cole
In Pane 4 click album Anthology
Click Playing Now
Click back
The above 4 panes are displayed with <all> selected instead of the album Anthology.

If you use the tree instead it's Ok but I prefer to disable the tree in favour of panes.

I agree with this report 100% and have experienced it myself.  This isn't the best, most convenient behaviour.

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

jleerigby

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2003, 12:34:16 am »

2) Can we please have shortcuts for Replace Playing Now and Add To Playing Now. This will the complement the Enter key which plays an entire selection.

Does anyone agree or dissagree?

Vic

Definitely agree with this one (separate request above).  Toolbars are meant to contain commonly used functions but the most common of all (all those associated with playing tracks) are not available.

jleerigby

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2003, 12:48:45 am »

I have a logitech wireless keyboard with a Media button. All of my media players display except for Media Center.

My problem is worse in that logitech (ITouch software) crashes when I hit media button.  Doesn't bother me though cos the only media player I use is MC9.  I can get MC to fire up by just pressing Play on the keyboard.  You can set this via the reg key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\CurrentVersion

Put the path of MC's exe (e.g. C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Media Jukebox.exe) in the MediaPlayer key.  I hope this is useful.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2003, 01:34:12 am »

The back button does not work properly in the Artist Info Window (The AMG page) if you click to see info about an artist then click on an album when you press back you would expect it to return to the artist page.  It used to but now it does not.  It appears however that AMG have changed their page format so not sure if this has affected anything
Also there is still a lag on first playback of Audio.  It is usually around 7 seconds.  Also sometimes when music starts it plays a second or two, stops, hangs for a couple of seconds, then starts playing again but with no sound.  I am guessing this is something to do with the volume opitimization.  It doesn't happen when this is off but you still get the lag.  This has been around for ages, since the very beginning of 9.1

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
VERTICAL ScrollBars Disappear
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2003, 07:17:47 am »

If there are not enough items to require a scrollbar in the selection panes they show blank which looks very odd.

jleerigby

Re: VERTICAL ScrollBars Disappear
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2003, 08:30:12 am »

If there are not enough items to require a scrollbar in the selection panes they show blank which looks very odd.
You're not the only one to mention this but surely this is standard behaviour.  It doesn't look at all odd to me.  What do you suggest it should do?

jleerigby

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2003, 09:41:53 am »

REQUEST: Any chance we can have ability to set genre as a list in Tree & View settings.  I'd much prefer to press R instead of type Reggay Regae Reggie Reggae. You can see why.

RemyJ

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2003, 08:35:24 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the lower left pane and the menu un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The lower left view of cover art doesn't followwhat's playing

Right-clicking on a view scheme activates it as well as displaying its context menu.  

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn&#8217;t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

If you double-click on a directory entry in the pane-view the list box redraws to show the subdirectories but the details list still shows the contents of the parent directory.  You have to click on the '<all>' entry even though it's already highlighted to get the details list to refresh.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    CD-TEXT isn't being written.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    Double clicking on entries in the view lists does a 'Play' removing the existing entries instead of respecting the setting in General, Behavior.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Media Center Registered 9.1.218 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2397 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 339 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX220E1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

lOth

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2003, 03:04:00 am »

is that just me or is this build a little faster  :D ?

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2003, 03:48:43 am »

A nice "change" would be to the context menu in Now Playing... when you right click on a file instead of having "Delete" it might be better, and clearer, if it was "Remove from Now Playing".

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
Took Nila's advice
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2003, 08:18:25 am »

I've noticed there have been a few posts recently about stuff resetting when it shouldn't and the back arrow not taking you back to where you were. Well, I think I've found another. Is this how the following should work?:

While I'm in a smartlist and have my library playing in the background, I notice that a track that's playing needs editing so I right click on the player to create a playlist to send the track to. As soon as I'm done and click OK, the whole tree snaps closed and I'm suddenly in the media library. I now have to renavigate all the way back to where I was in my smartlist.

jleerigby

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2003, 08:22:48 am »

Bug: I agree with other reports - CD Text is no longer working.  Please, Please can this be fixed asap.  For me it is a fundamental feature of burning.  Those that don't have CD-Text capable car CD players will wonder what the fuss is about.  Those that do will be mortified that this is not working!

I'll have to go back to crappy Easy CD5 (just for burning that is) or revert to 9.0 in the meantime.  

-------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 9.1.218 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1802 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2003, 10:31:06 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/21  Priority: Medium
    File Naming Incorrect When Ripping
    When ripping a CD, the [Track #] option doesn't actually produce a track # but instead actually puts [Track #] in the filename (e.g., "[Track #] - Catherine Wheel - Kill Rhythm.mp3").

NoCodeUK

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2003, 11:25:32 am »

I got track #s here when ripping...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ZRocker

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2003, 12:07:32 pm »

Rands,

You probably renamed the Display name of the Track # field (in Options > Tree & View Settings > Edit button)...if so , you have to use the Display name in your template.  I use T# for displaying Track # info, so I have to use [T#] in those ripping templates...confusing, I know, but that's what you get with customization.

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2003, 12:53:19 pm »

See http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1049568210 for more info on this.

HTH,
Jim

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2003, 01:14:09 pm »

Besides the already mentioned problems with the CD-burning interface (slow window painting and no CD text being written), I have noticed an issue with TV tuning.

Everything works fine in 'mega-me' mode, but when I select a TV station in 'hairstyle' mode it puts me in fullscreen (like it should) then tunes to channel 'n/a'. If I try to change channels in the lower menu bar using the back/forward buttons it will alternate between channel 'n/a' and channel 110, the last channel in my tuner list. I have to right click the mouse to select my channel that way. Afterword, if I return to hairstyle mode and go back into the TV channel list, all I see are 's-video' and 'composite' for channels. I have to restart MC to get things back to normal in hairstyle, but repeats itself as soon an I select a channel out of hairstyle mode.

I am using a Hauppage WinTV PCI card -- bt848 chip --with Hauppage's latest WDM drivers.

Oh yeah, not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere or not, but the splash screen still says Media Center 9.0  :P

Overall, I really like the enhancements in the new version. It is becomeing a bit more user-friendly instead of looking like I am staring at a database table.  ;)
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2003, 01:34:09 pm »

Rands,

You probably renamed the Display name of the Track # field (in Options > Tree & View Settings > Edit button)...if so , you have to use the Display name in your template.  I use T# for displaying Track # info, so I have to use [T#] in those ripping templates...confusing, I know, but that's what you get with customization.

Bingo.  I had renamed that field to just a #.  Thanks!

tfranklin

• nothing more to say...
Protected WMA Burning Problem
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2003, 03:31:47 pm »

I purchased 2 .wma tracks the MusicNow music service.  These tracks are protected with the MS DRM.  The service allows me to burn each track I purchase twice.  I imported those tracks in to Media Center 9.1.  They play fine in the player.  I then sent the two tracks to the CD drive for burning.  The first track completed with no problems.  However, when it attempted to burn the second track the CD was ejected from the drive and the following error message was displayed "Invalid field in CDb."

I then clicked on the Audio CD node under CD, DVD & Handhelds.  Media Center attempted to retrieve the information for this CD from YADB.  Multiple matches were returned with none of them matching the tracks I attempted to burn.  The tracks already had metadata in them when I went to burn it.  Canceled out of the dialogs.

The disk now shows the original tracks still In Queue and two tracks On Disk called Track 1 and Track 2.

Played Track 1 and it plays fine.  Attempted to play Track 2.  Media Center application hangs.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Protected WMA Burning Problem
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2003, 03:52:18 pm »

I purchased 2 .wma tracks the MusicNow music service.  These tracks are protected with the MS DRM.  The service allows me to burn each track I purchase twice.  I imported those tracks in to Media Center 9.1.  They play fine in the player.  I then sent the two tracks to the CD drive for burning.  The first track completed with no problems.  However, when it attempted to burn the second track the CD was ejected from the drive and the following error message was displayed "Invalid field in CDb."

Do you think both files permitted you to burn the CD?

The other problems were probably related to the failure on burning the second track.

As you may know, we don't see a lot of this kind of use (protected WM files), so it definitely could be our problem.  We'll try to duplicate the problem.  

MediaStorm

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2003, 06:32:40 pm »

Here's another one:

Via the XML to Remote Server 1.14J:

getSchemes works fine.

getSchemes with more than one value (ie-level) will crash MC.

IE:

getSchemes value="Audio" works fine.

getSchemes value="Audio\Artist" will crash the server as will getSchemes value="Audio\Artist\"

It DOES work if you try something like:
getSchemes value="Genre\Comedy" but is incosistent.

Same thing appears to be happening via the web browser.

http://localhost:8080/view?location=Media+Library%7CAudio%7CArtist

will cause MC to crash out as well (this one is hit or miss.. works once in a while it seems).

nila

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2003, 03:39:42 am »

Burning a DVD - it's correctly shown the amount of space available on my DVD but for the write speed options it is giving me all the write speeds for the CDRW instead of the burn speeds for the DVD-R even though I have a blank DVD in the drive.

nila

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2003, 04:01:42 am »

hmm,
it doesn't seem to burn the DVD either.
Just sits there saying: Writing Lead-in

Media Center Registered 9.1.218 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive J: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive K: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:2  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

JohnT

Re: Protected WMA Burning Problem
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2003, 06:08:16 am »

This was most likely caused by a buffer under-run condition during the CD burning. Drives of 12X speed and above usually have "burn-proof" technology which alleviates this problem. You could drop the write speed and/or uncheck the "decode files directly to cd" option to avoid the under-run condition.
We are going to change the MC software to disable the direct decoding mode for burners which don't have the "burnproof" feature. With direct decoding disabled, an intermediate wave file is created on disk and then burned to the CD.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2003, 07:38:59 am »

Bugs:
1. Since MC 9.1 is so much slower at displaying lists like Media Library and its view schemes, MC 9.1 needs to display the 'busy cursor' (usually spinning hour-glass) during this time.  On my small 5000 track library, it can take MC up to 10 seconds to display Media Library lists and view schemes ...some visual feedback that MC 9.1 is slow and working on the 'list' would help.  You see the same thing (of course) if you press the Back button and return to a list (but, MC appears hung because no visual feedback).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2003, 07:41:48 am »

Bugs:
1. Since MC 9.1 is so much slower at displaying lists like Media Library and its view schemes, MC 9.1 needs to display the 'busy cursor' (usually spinning hour-glass) during this time.  On my small 5000 track library, it can take MC up to 10 seconds to display Medial Library lists and view schemes sometimes...some visual feedback that MC 9.1 is slow and working on the 'list' would help.  You see the same thing (of course) if you press the Back button and return to a list (but, MC appears hung because no visual feedback).

Z,
Maybe you've done this already and I didn't see it, but can you start a new thread on this with a good description?  I don't see a delay of more than about a quarter of a second.  What else could be going on with your machine?  Networked drive?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2003, 08:07:52 am »

I've seen MC pause for a few seconds right before and after displaying thumbnails. If I click on an image or video view scheme, there is a pause, and when I click just to Media Library there is another pause.

Details view itself is plenty fast. Unless you have every file in your library displayed, and every single field displayed as well... :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up