INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a Playlist ID?  (Read 8858 times)

davidne0uk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
What is a Playlist ID?
« on: July 22, 2003, 04:39:24 am »

Hi,

Where can I find or set the playlist id's as in

MCC_PLAY_PLAYLIST,     // [int nPlaylistID]

from the MCCommands.h.

Thanks Davie

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: What is a Playlist ID?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 05:27:57 am »

A PlaylistID is basically a number associated to a playlist, so that no matter what you rename the playlist, there is a way of calling it. MC assigns the playlistid when you create a playlist. I'm not sure that it's possible to manually change it.

It used to be that when you created a smartlist based on a playlist, it would show you the playlistid. That wasn't very user friendly because if you wanted to easily see what playlists a smartlist was based upon, you couldn't really tell, because all you'd see was a bunch of meaningless (to you) numbers.

There is still a way of getting the playlistid, though.

Create a smartlist.

Add Rule -> Playlist and then choose the playlist you're interested in.

This rule will show up with the actual name of the playlist, but if you right click on that rule and choose "Edit by typing" it will change and show you the playlistid.

I'm actually kind of suprised to see them using the playlistid in the SDK. I would think that any kind of plugin that calls a playlist would be be a one user plugin, since playlistid's would be unique from one machine to the next.

davidne0uk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 05:52:26 am »

The reason I was going to use the playlist id was to load a playlist to a specific zone using girder and sendMessage, but I can't get it to work.  I don't think I understand the how the attributes for sendMessage work.

Thanks for you help to get the playlistID.

Davie

mashenden

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:49:40 pm »

There is still a way of getting the playlistid, though.

Create a smartlist.

Add Rule -> Playlist and then choose the playlist you're interested in.

This rule will show up with the actual name of the playlist, but if you right click on that rule and choose "Edit by typing" it will change and show you the playlistid.

It looks like now-a-days (MC17) a similar approach is still possible where you create a Smartlist and add a Rule, but instead of the right click, you click "Import/Export" to identify the nPlaylistID.

mashenden

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

I am a tad perplexed on this...

I really need to know the nPlaylist associated with my Smartlist called "Not Recently Played", so I can use it with MCC 30007.  Last week I tried the suggested approach in this post, but right clicking did not result in what was described.

The good news was that I was able to find it using Import/Export button. Unfortunately, today I tried to do the same thing but nPlaylist is no longer showing up when I select Import/Export. To the best of my knowledge, I am using the same release as a week ago, except I am now using it as a purchased copy instead of a trial.

Any ideas on either why this changed or more importantly how to reliably identify the nPlaylist so I can use it with MCC 30007?

Thank you in advance for any guidance .

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:35:51 am »

Maybe this helps:

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mashenden

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »

It did indeed. Thank you.

On the surface, your screen shots looked excatly like what I was doing but what I was forgetting from last week was that I needed to do this in a Smartlist other than the one I want to identify, otherwise it is not listed as a selection. And then I needed to have a rule that is related to Playlists so that the export will include the nPlaylist.

I was in the Smartlist that I wanted to identify, meaning I was 2 mistakes removed from ever getting what I needed. Whew - sure glad it wasn't related to purchasing the app :)

Thanks again.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »

Thanks!  That was hard to really figure out how to do even with the explanation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up