INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My OCD on Sorting Albums  (Read 1272 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
My OCD on Sorting Albums
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

Hi all,

I like to sort my music by artist primarily and within artist by release date. This works fine *except* when the artist released two albums in the same year.
How can I force the album that was released earlier in the year to appear before the album released later that same year?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: My OCD on Sorting Albums
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:17:08 pm »

Method 1
You will need to enter month/day/year instead of just year into the Date tag. You only need to do this for the albums that are released in the same year. For example, if two albums are released in 1997, if you put 1/1/1997 and 2/1/1997 into the date tag, then the one in January will be listed first. You don't actually even have to use the correct dates. You could put 1/1/1997 and 1/2/1997 and they would then be in order.

Method 2
Enter the release date into the "Date (release)" tag for albums that occur in the same year. Drill down in your view so it shows all the albums by one artist. Click the arrow at the top by the view name and select Sort By > Custom > Add and then add "Date (release)". It will sort first by date and then by release date.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: My OCD on Sorting Albums
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:10:37 pm »

Cool! Thanks! I'll try it tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up