INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 important questions for me  (Read 3888 times)

gulp

• World Citizen
3 important questions for me
« on: January 21, 2017, 01:27:33 pm »

Would be great if someone can help. I have 3 major questions:

I.e. when I rename folders of my music library on the NAS, as soon as JRiver auto imports the change, these albums are on top of the “recent albums” view. Is there a way to push those changes somewhere back, so that only the really newly imported albums appear on top of the “recent albums” view?

When I want to replace the field “album” in a certain view (i.e. JRemote view) with a combination of “Artist, Album”. What kind of formula do I have to use in the expression field (I couldn’t get it)?

When I want to add new fields for rating an album with 0-5 stars within the JRemote views (i.e. a field “sound” and a field “music”). How do I have to integrate them in the style of the standard rating field? If this doesn’t work: how can I integrate another custom field with 5 values of choice?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: 3 important questions for me
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »

Re 2: I'm not sure if you can do it by using the album field itself - I think it would mean that it would recalculate itself endlessly. But you can achieve the result toy want s creating a new field and using an expression like
[Artist]: [Album]

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:32 pm »

I.e. when I rename folders of my music library on the NAS, as soon as JRiver auto imports the change, these albums are on top of the “recent albums” view. Is there a way to push those changes somewhere back, so that only the really newly imported albums appear on top of the “recent albums” view?

The best way to fix this it to either use the rename move copy function in move mode to actually move the files to begin with, then JRiver already knows where the new files are.  The next best way is to use the rename move copy function in "update" mode to tell JRiver that the files have moved, so it associates the existing library entries with the "new files"

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:39:08 pm »

The best way to fix this it to either use the rename move copy function in move mode to actually move the files to begin with, then JRiver already knows where the new files are.  The next best way is to use the rename move copy function in "update" mode to tell JRiver that the files have moved, so it associates the existing library entries with the "new files"

Thanks much, but what do you mean with move or update mode?

And is there a way to deal with already externally processed folder changes?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »

Re 2: I'm not sure if you can do it by using the album field itself - I think it would mean that it would recalculate itself endlessly. But you can achieve the result toy want s creating a new field and using an expression like
[Artist]: [Album]

Thanks much, it worked, even in the album field!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:55:39 pm »

Thanks much, but what do you mean with move or update mode?

And is there a way to deal with already externally processed folder changes?

Use the move mode if you haven't moved the files yet; use the update mode if you've already moved the files.  Do a few to make sure you're happy with the result before doing them all.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:18:41 pm »

Use the move mode if you haven't moved the files yet; use the update mode if you've already moved the files.  Do a few to make sure you're happy with the result before doing them all.

Thanks, but can you please tell me by which menu item I find move and update function you mean?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 06:25:08 pm »

It's under the Tools menu.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 03:15:37 pm »

Thanks.

I tried update after I already changed a folder name and made an import. It didn't work, the reimported album is still present in the recent albums view on top.
Is there a way to move this album far to the back again?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 04:15:47 pm »

Hello guys, could someone please help me with my 3rd question, too?

When I want to add new fields for rating an album with 0-5 stars within the JRemote views (i.e. a field “sound” and a field “music”). How do I have to integrate them in the style of the standard rating field? If this doesn’t work: how can I integrate another custom field with 5 values of choice?

Where else do I have the option to add such a rating field in JRemote?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up