INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Trouble [Solved]  (Read 1852 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Remote Trouble [Solved]
« on: January 30, 2017, 02:55:42 pm »

I still tries to get the panel remote to work so I have started my Windows 10 tablet. So I start MC 22 on my computer (running w8.1)
Starts my tablet write my IP number and got the question Netgear responded to connect to server please fill your username ang password.
I have tried my username and password for MC, and tried My Windows account username xxxx"live.se and that password. My Routers password and username but I can't acces to MC 22. Where do I go wrong? This makes me CRAZY I have spend several hours but I can't work it out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:00:16 pm »

Please re-read the Panel thread for instructions.  You need to use the IP address and the port.  For example:
192.168.0.14:52199

If you're seeing a Netgear message, you're doing something wrong.

If you're trying from outside your network, your router has to be set to forward packets to the right machine.  See the Network Access topic on our wiki.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Re: Remote Trouble
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:56:47 am »

Hello Jim,

I did read the panelforums several times I might say that English is not my native languish and computers are not my friends.
With that said I found out what I did wrong. The IP adress shouldn't be the IP uses for Internet, wich you can find using search for my IP.
The IP adress is the one generated from your router and as I have several gadgets there is different IP's for each one.

If you not a computer "nerd" (sorry folks  ;D ) it is very easy to stirring blind on one thing and try to make that work as I did with the public IP adress and not the router.
So at last I did find out how to set it up. and hope my info can help others like me.......if there is any as stupid  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up