INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't transfer to Pono player?  (Read 9779 times)

Martyy

• Recent member
Can't transfer to Pono player?
« on: February 01, 2017, 06:37:53 pm »

Today I tried unsuccessfully to transfer an album from JRiver to my Pono device. It gave me the error message about unrecognized file or not having rights. It's a flac file. I was able to play it on my computer.  I done this many times from the former Ponomusicworld. It did recognize my Pono device. Very frustrating.
Suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't transfer to Pono player?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:39:20 pm »

In the transfer options, you can set the file types that the device allows.  It's possible that we don't have it set right.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:49:45 am »

Can you please tell me how to set the transfer options?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:07:31 am »

It's under Tools > Options > Handheld
or
Click on the icon in the upper left corner of the Handheld Window.

The Pono Player must be plugged in and recognized first.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:16 pm »

Jim,
Sorry. Can you get more specific. Nothing is working. It recognizes my Pono but will not allow me to transfer anything. I don't want to resync since it won't all fit. I am simply trying to transfer one Springsteen concert I purchased yesterday at Nugs.net for $20 in flac. I did this many times before in the old PonoWorld. What am I missing? I went to tools, options, handheld and clicked all the Audio. Please help. This does me no good if I can't transfer music. Thanks. ( interestingly, in PonoWorld it recognized my file E (permanent devise) and file F (micro disc). In JRiver it comes up as F and G.
Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »

Jim,
Sorry. Can you get more specific. Nothing is working. It recognizes my Pono but will not allow me to transfer anything. I don't want to resync since it won't all fit. I am simply trying to transfer one Springsteen concert I purchased yesterday at Nugs.net for $20 in flac. I did this many times before in the old PonoWorld. What am I missing? I went to tools, options, handheld and clicked all the Audio. Please help. This does me no good if I can't transfer music. Thanks. ( interestingly, in PonoWorld it recognized my file E (permanent devise) and file F (micro disc). In JRiver it comes up as F and G.
Thanks.
The drive letters are always determined by Windows when you plug in the device, and they tend to move around based on what other connected drives you have on the system.  We just show what Windows has assigned them.

As far as the Flac files, do the filenames end in ".flac"?  If they play OK and use the .flac extension, they *should* transfer to the Pono.  You could try going to Options / Handheld / Supported types and set it to an asterisk "*" (without the quotes around it).  That's supposed to allow all file types to transfer to the device.  If it doesn't, could you send me one of the files and I'll test it here?  Thanks.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

l8mdl

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 02:17:52 pm »

Another option is to just bypass JRiver and "drag & drop" the file to your Pono or the card. Most of us don't use JRiver for transfer since the Pono is so slow. A card reader, preferably 3.0 USB, is much, much faster.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 10:33:19 am »

The files are flac24.
What address do I send a file to you? The files are on a different computer. I have tried everything you recommend. All file types are classified as YES under audio. I drag the album, showed under album on JRiver into the Pono device recognized and nothing happens.
Is there any chance you could call me to work this out?
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 11:00:49 am »

The file types allowed are set in the Handheld Options section.  Not under Audio or File Types.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 11:50:16 am »

I know that. Can I have an e mail address to forward one of the files?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 11:53:44 am »

If you put the file on the player manually, does it play?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 11:54:34 am »

What version of MC is installed?  What OS? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 12:05:39 pm »

Version?

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »

It plays on the computer if that is what you mean. I have Windows 10 with your latest upgraded Pono JRiver software MC22 nstalled a few weeks ago.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13:55 pm »

I have the 22.0.54

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 12:04:43 pm »

I just tried sending you one song music file and it will not allow me to send since it says the file is too large. It is one song in a flac24 file. Suggestions? As I have said, i have downloaded many files like this on my Pono devise from the old Ponomusicworld site.

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 09:05:55 am »

Can you send a log file?  From the Help menu item, select Logging.. and checkmark the "Output to a log file" option.  Now unplug your player and plug it back in, then try transferring the file.  After it fails, click the "Report problem" button and email the zipped log file to johnt at jriver dot com

Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

John,
I appreciate your trying to help, but that seems a bit complicated for my computer abilities. I don't understand. It is a brand new Lenovo computer with windows 10. I bought and downloaded JRiver and it successfully downloaded my music files. I have purchased an HD music file, which plays, but won't transfer to my Pono, ripped a few CD's which show in the library, plays, but, again, won't tranfsfer to my Pono. The software recognizes the Pono device and the micro disc. What could it possibly be?

stevegd

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 01:35:44 am »

Did this problem ever get resolved? I have purchased JRiver today after a trial as the PonoVault is unusable. I deleted all the music from my Pono as I wanted to tidy it up and now I am getting this message also; the player is the same, the files are the same, just the software has changed.

Please help.

Cheers, Steve,

Edit. Unplugged and rebooted then tried again and it worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up