INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on work PC - can I import settings from home Linux JRiver?  (Read 1314 times)

Robert Joe

• Junior Woodchuck

I run JRiver on Linux at home. I want to upgrade to a Master License so I can run it on Windows7 at work. I will load the work PC with Music files from a backup USB drive with periodic syncs. Obviously, the tags and rating embedded in the tags will appear on Windows JRiver.

The question I have, is there a way I can import/transfer my Linux settings such as Views to Windows?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver on work PC - can I import settings from home Linux JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:41:04 pm »

MC can restore settings from a backup.  You could try it.  I'm not sure how much will be transferred.

Robert Joe

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver on work PC - can I import settings from home Linux JRiver?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:32:19 am »

I tried restoring a Linux MC22 Backup to Windows MC22 running Windows 7. It is almost there. All the views get restored which is the main thing I wanted since the files need to be re-scanned (remote work PC) and playlists re-imported. Unfortunately it breaks handheld support for MTP devices. Before restoring from Backup, I can plug in my Astell&Kern AK70 and sync to it. But after the restore, MTP no longer works. It does not see the device. The Handheld dialog looks like the Linux one.

I always take a disk image before a major upgrade of something. I was able to restore my Windows PC back to pre-MC22, re-install MC22 and try the above. Same thing.

So it is close!
Pages: [1]   Go Up