INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio File updated when cover art fetched, even when option is disabled  (Read 2102 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen

This looks like a bug. I have disabled the "Also store image in the file's tag" option under Options > File Locations > Cover Art. But still, when I select a song and fetch cover art from the Internet, the song file is updated. I really want the file left alone because this screws up iTunes and syncing to my iPhone when it happens on music in my iTunes folder.

MC 22.0.22, MacOS 10.12.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio File updated when cover art fetched, even when option is disabled
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:33:17 am »

It probably was updating something else in the file. You can examine the file with an external tool and see if it actually embedded the image or not.

If you want MC to never write anything to your files, you can engage this option:

Tools > Options > General > Importing and Tagging > Update tags when file info changes  > (uncheck)

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:52:05 am »

It probably was updating something else in the file.

What would that something else be? All I did was fetch cover art from the Internet. I was watching the file in question in the Finder and it updated the moment that MC fetched the cover art.

You can examine the file with an external tool and see if it actually embedded the image or not.

OK, there is still no image in the file.  But still, why would the file get updated?

Thanks!

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »

^ I'm really not sure what it's updating.  My *GUESS* is that it's writing a tag with the *location* of the image file.  I.E.:  C:\MC_Pictures\album_cover_name.jpg .

But I don't know.  You could test it with an external tool and do a before and after.  Maybe save a copy of the file, update the image, then look at the old saved file versus the newly updated file.  Again, I'm guessing.

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 04:59:59 pm »

Interesting...what MC wrote were these two new tags:

Tool Name    : Media Center
RATING        : 0

Seems a little odd. But that's what was happening.

Thanks.

----dpm

DJLegba

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:03 am »

Interesting...what MC wrote were these two new tags:

Tool Name    : Media Center
RATING        : 0

Seems a little odd. But that's what was happening.

Thanks.

----dpm

There was a bug a while ago involving ratings when files hadn't been rated. I forget exactly what the problem was, but I guess the fix was to set the rating to 0 when dealing with unrated files in certain situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up