INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bottom Bar during Playback - Import and lookup  (Read 3495 times)

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
Bottom Bar during Playback - Import and lookup
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:48:21 am »

When I play a video file and hit pause a bottom bar appears showing a bar that shows the completion of the file, the total time elapsed, the total time of the file, the local time and it says paused. I know this is normal. My question is how do I remove it?

My second question is sometimes when I import a TV show it doesn't look it up properly and splits each episode into a different icon in the shows list, how do I merge all the different individual episodes that appear in their own icon into one? Sometimes the look up fails as well and I'm not sure how to get the correct data. Is there a reliable way to name the files to ensure better look up and organization upon import?

I am running 22.0.59.

Thanks.

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Bottom Bar during Playback - Import and lookup
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:29:59 pm »

Been fiddling a bit but can't seem to remove the bottom bar.

Is this even possible currently? Or is it "hardwired" into JRiver and can not be removed? Am I wasting my time trying to do something that can't be done?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:25:48 pm »

You cannot close or remove either the Top or Bottom Toolbars (the bottom one contains the Status display):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Toolbars
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »

No I don't mean those toolbars, I mean the bar that appears only when you play a video file and pause the file being played, for a few seconds a bar appears showing the progress of the file, the total time of the file and the total time already played, it also says paused, it lasts about 5 seconds or so and is largely translucent/transparent. I want to remove only that bar so that it does not appear when I pause any video file.

I hope that makes it clearer?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 01:51:28 pm »

I think you're talking about the OSD, and you can turn that off in Options > Tree & View > Advanced.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »

That did it, thank you!

Can you please also advise about my grouping and TV show lookup problem? Often some shows episodes are grouped under individual icons/tiles/thumbnails in the TV show category, for example if the show is called "A", then it should just be one icon for A with 10 episodes listed inside it when you click it but instead there are 10 icons for 10 episodes and each icon only has 1 episode inside it when you click it. How do I correct this for files that are already imported, and how do I prevent this from happening for new imports? I can't move the episodes into one icon/tile/thumb.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 03:59:51 pm »

That did it, thank you!

Can you please also advise about my grouping and TV show lookup problem? Often some shows episodes are grouped under individual icons/tiles/thumbnails in the TV show category, for example if the show is called "A", then it should just be one icon for A with 10 episodes listed inside it when you click it but instead there are 10 icons for 10 episodes and each icon only has 1 episode inside it when you click it. How do I correct this for files that are already imported, and how do I prevent this from happening for new imports? I can't move the episodes into one icon/tile/thumb.

You should start a new thread on this so it does not get missed by others. A picture would help too.

But I think you are referring to displaying (in Theater View) Shows grouped by Series. If that is what you want, I can help.
I think you have this since you are getting some Shows grouped the way you want. I suspect these other shows do not have anything listed in the "Series" tag for them (look in Standard View: Video>Files (add the Series column if its not already shown by right clicking on the column header and adding it).

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

As CB said, you almost certainly don't have the Series tag set on your files.  Or perhaps the Season tag is out of whack.  I've occasionally had the import process put the wrong Season and/or Episode tags on files.

Highlight one of them and check it in the Tagging Window (Edit > Tag).  Once you see what's going on, highlight them all and set the Series and/or Season tags to common values.

The process that reads filenames and figures out Series, Season, Episode #, etc is called "Carnac".  It's a joke about an old routine on the Johnny Carson show.  Look it up if you're interested.  Otherwise, here's the wiki entry on it:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac

The short version is this:  The gold standard for TV show naming is:

Series Name SXXEYY Episode Name

Where XX is the season number and YY is the episode number.  You can optionally put dashes between the values.  For example:

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century - S01E01 - Awakening

Brian.

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 07:36:02 am »

I am using Standard view, when I go to Files and use the column for Series some of them are blank.

Tried renaming them as blgentry said and it seems it is rather picky for naming schemes, for some it works and for some it doesn't. After multiple attempts I got a few right. Also when I rename them and remove them from the library to import them again so that it automatically corrects the grouping and the information lookup sometimes it just "fixes" the link and does not try to run the automated process (Carnac, thanks bl) again. For some of the files when I try to manually look up the TV info it says it has nothing in the series field but not sure how to edit this. It also sometimes scrapes the incorrect information for episodes, mixing them up, I think this also might be a naming problem.

How do I edit the tags correctly? Also how do I get Carnac to run again on files that have already been imported? The wiki says it does this (runs only the first time) but I don't know how to make it run again. I did try the the Library Tools methods on the page, but nothing happens so maybe I just haven't tagged it properly. So far the best luck I have had is renaming files, sometimes through trial and error, to make it work. I think this is because it doesn't match with the database it is looking up and so gets it wrong, it might help to know what the data base is. Which website does JRiver use to get the information? Can I manually point it to a data base to use for specific TV shows?

Apologies if it seems like silly/simple questions but I haven't been able to figure it out myself. The naming tip is helpful but doesn't seem to always work. Especially for more obscure shows or shows that have specials or bluray extras. I have managed to make some corrections due to renaming them, will keep trying.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 06:45:00 pm »

Just a short reply:

Renaming the files is sort of a backwards way of doing this.  Editing the tags should work much more easily and more precisely.

To edit tags, highlight one or more files.  Then do Edit > Tag to open the tagging window.  From there you can directly edit the tags.  If you don't see the tags you need, use the gear menu at the upper left corner of the tagging window and choose to show all tags.  Then you can find the tag or tags that you want and edit them.

Good luck.

Brian.

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:45 am »

Just a short reply:

Renaming the files is sort of a backwards way of doing this.  Editing the tags should work much more easily and more precisely.

To edit tags, highlight one or more files.  Then do Edit > Tag to open the tagging window.  From there you can directly edit the tags.  If you don't see the tags you need, use the gear menu at the upper left corner of the tagging window and choose to show all tags.  Then you can find the tag or tags that you want and edit them.

Good luck.

Brian.

Thanks that was helpful, I tried this but for some reason it doesn't always work out. The series field is very helpful if the show already exists in my library to group them together. Other than that when I change the name of the episode it isn't doing much. Also when I highlight multiple files I can't edit each individually I think, for somethings like the episode name or number it shows varies/variable so then I have to edit it manually for each file, in that regard a renamer program is easier to just rename the file in batches and try to import it again, that has what has worked best consistently, though I may be missing something.

Seems it uses tvdb as the data base. I found that field in the tag section useful for pointing it to the appropriate series/show.

Do you have any idea how to name "Specials" so that it gets that from tvdb accurately?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 09:42:04 am »

Everyone has their own method for editing tags.

I like to do it in Standard View (Video>Files, or Audio>Files). You can see a lot of the files at the same time, and you can select and edit multiple files at the same time.
First you can add any tags/fields that you want that are not already shown. Just right click on the column header and put a check mark next to the field you want (like "Series", "Season", Date Imported, etc.). And you can click on the column header and drag the columns to different positions.

Once you have all the fields displayed, you can edit the data by clicking on the row to select it and hitting F2 to enter edit mode (tab and shift+Tab move the edit window right and left). Sometimes just clicking or left clicking on the field is enough to select and edit it (it depends on what your trying to do).

You can lasso (select) several rows at the same time by left clicking on a row, and while holding the mouse button down, move up until you have selected all the rows you want. Note that to select multiple files (i.e. "lasso") you may have to turn this feature on (its at Tools>Options>Tree&View>Advanced>Allow list lasso...").
Then when use F2 to edit a field, that change will be reflected on all the fields in that "column (field)" for those rows selected.

For Specials, I  just put "S" in the Season tag. I believe it also works fine if you put "0" in that field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up