INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Card Issue Question  (Read 1644 times)

tintacooper

Sound Card Issue Question
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:31 pm »

Hi, I am using a low end laptop computer to play 2 channel Flac files. I would like to get the best quality possible but it appears (I don't know how to check) that my computer is limiting the files that JRiver 1.8 is sending out. From the laptop the signal goes to a USBStreamer via usb and leaves the streamer with a Toslink optical cable and goes into miniDSP4x10. I think I need to get a better sound card in one of two ways; new computer or external sound card. I am trying to get the best audiofile sound with files purchased from HDTracks.

1-I have a focusrite scarlett 2i2. Will this be of any help here or is there another external sound card I should use? If the 2i2 will do the job will the connections be as high quality as the optical connection?

2-Ideally what would be the best hardware (computer, soundcard etc) and best settings in JRiver 1.8 to achieve the best quality sound?
I am currently using the ASIO setting from the software to the USBStreamer Box. I'm not certain but I believe I am getting only 44100 sampling

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up