INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono firmware update?  (Read 7517 times)

Randytyler

Pono firmware update?
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:34:37 pm »

So I've created a bit of a mess for myself. I was an original Kickstarter funder of Pono and received a Tom Petty edition player which has sat unopened in the box till a couple of weeks ago. I finally decided to get it out and give it a try (don't ask why it took so long). It's at this point that I discovered that Pono no longer exists for all intents and purposes. I'm ready to get on board here at JRiver, but have a few questions first:

1. Most important, will I be able to update the firmware on my player? It's currently at version 1.01. How do I obtain the firmware and update the device?
2. I purchased a couple of albums from Pono before I even received my player. Since I never got them downloads to the player, are they lost to me?
3. Kind of a crystal ball question: what is the long term viability of this player? I assume I can use it as is for as long it continues working?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Randy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Pono firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »

1.  I think so, but I'm not certain.  If not, we will try to find a way.  You can use the trial for 30 days without charge.
2.  If you have the files on your computer, you can use JRiver to transfer them to the player.
3.  The Pono Player should work indefinitely.

l8mdl

• Recent member
Re: Pono firmware update?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:54 am »

1. Install the new Pono Music Vault software from the Pono site. When you hook up your Player it should recognize your outdated firmware and instruct you on an upgrade. There is a "how to" video on the Pono site specifically for the firmware upgrade. IMO the software in its current beta version is worthless for anything else.

2. If you have the files on your computer, just "drag & drop" them to either the Pono player or an SD card. No software is required to populate your music files (sorry JRiver). If you never downloaded the files from Pono, I would start a support ticket on their site.

3. As long as your battery can charge you should be good to go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up