INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo : Audio Streaming issues  (Read 1719 times)

Alexbdb

Gizmo : Audio Streaming issues
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:21 am »

Hi,

I’ve been using JRiver for now several years and one of my favorite features is the ability to stream music from home to my phone using Gizmo.

I recently changed the computer hosting my JRiver’s library (I use to run it from my laptop and now I’m using an HTPC I just bought) and unfortunately Gizmo can no longer stream music to my phone. I can connect my phone to my library and browse through my files (on wifi and mobile network) I can stream videos but audio is not working anymore. Gizmo is stuck on “preparing” and then show the “error communicating with the server” message.
The weirdest things is that it’s still working when I’m connecting my laptop to my HTPC with tremote and connecting my phone to my laptop.

I tried to disable cache but it didn’t change anything, I also tried on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) and it’s not working either. I tried with Panel on my phone : still not working, I get the following message “the requested file does not exist.Click display to proceed.”

Does anyone have an idea to solve my problem and properly stream audio with Gizmo ?

Thanks for your help
Alex

Ps : I’m running JRiver 22.0.59 on my PC and Gizmo 21.0.1 on an ASUS Zenfone 2 (Android 6.0.1)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo : Audio Streaming issues
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:29:35 am »

Firewall?

Alexbdb

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »

Thanks for your answer,

JRiver is correctly approuved in my firewall and I also tried to disable the firewall but audio is still not working.
I'm not that surprise because i don't think firewall setting would explain the fact that video is working fine but not audio.

Alexbdb

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:37:20 am »

Hi,

I’m still working to solve my issue, and i just made a new discovery. In my various attempt to make gizmo working, I tried to play a mp3 file ( instead of flac ) and it worked.
So I’m guessing the issue is not with the app itself but maybe with transcoding in JRiver.
I tried to change various transcode settings but didn’t find any solution

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your answers
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up