INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver suddenly hanging, not responding each time  (Read 4218 times)

Fingerling

• Recent member
JRiver suddenly hanging, not responding each time
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:58 pm »

Hi,

I've just perform a fresh and clean install of Windows 7 Pro after I've experienced serious bugs and crashes following a bad Windows files cleaning.

Among those bugs, JRiver was suddenly hanging some seconds after launch when I wanted to import, go into options or simply to close it (but I could played my audio files). When I wanted to force JRiver to close the "Media Center 21 is not responding" message was displayed.

So now that I have a clean Windows install again, I'm very annoyed to see that this problem with JRiver remains, exactly the same. My JRiver is barely usable and it seems that this is not related at Windows getting corrupted.

I have join two logs zip I've made after crashes, I have read them and see nothing revealing.

My JRiver MC 21 is up-to-date and added to Kaspersky's exclusions.

Thanks in advance for your help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver suddenly hanging, not responding each time
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:38:15 am »

Uninstall Kaspersky (just to test).

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:27:03 am »

I've uninstalled Kaspersky and JRiver still hangs BUT the situation has changed: I have disable auto-import on background, then I have deleted a bunch of damaged audio files (unreadable or untagable) recently downloaded. Then I have manually launched an auto-import without crash so I realized that the hangings could have been due to laborious auto-import running in background a few moments after JRiver starting.

So now the problem is that I can launch several consecutive auto-import, each time it takes a unusually long time, JRiver crashes if I stop the auto-import, there is always an "update external changes" for a few hundred of files (I believe each time the same files) and analyzing audio seems to take forever, have to uncheked it in auto-import configuration.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:08:54 am »

Try turning off auto import and the import a directory at a time, or just a single file type.

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 08:23:02 am »

I've tried it but no change. Is there a way to see which files are scanned in real time while "Updating library to match external changes" is displayed under Importing Media?

randobills

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:13 am »

I have the exact same problem. Brand new windows 10 install..set up my video folder from my SAN to auto import..it imports the videos and right after it hits the total number of items imported it goes to not responding. I then check the task manager and jriver is continuously receiving mb of data from my SAN over the network..what is it trying to do? I did not set it up to analyze audio on import.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 11:43:02 am »

What antivirus software are you running?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:10 am »

If you have videos, it may be getting metadata from the Internet (or trying to).  A firewall could block it.

randobills

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:33 am »

i believe i figured it out...i opened procmon and jriver was continously trying to read one of my mp4 movies and wouldn't let it go...jriver eventually started responding while it was still trying to finish the import, yet procmon showed it was still trying to read that one file...i killed jriver...removed the mp4 file it was choking on and then reopened jiver and ran an import and it immediately finished without an error.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 12:06:08 pm »

We'd like to see the file if you can upload it to dropbox or similar.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up