INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort within Album by Artists  (Read 1179 times)

Emperor

Sort within Album by Artists
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:55:47 am »

I would like to take my Monstercat albums in my Album by Artist view and sort just Monstercat into a thumbnail I can just double click on, essentially sorting just that by Album Artist. Is there any way to accomplish that?

aviateur

• World Citizen
Re: Sort within Album by Artists
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:20:50 pm »

Hi:

You could tag the field 'Album Artist' for all of your 'Monstercat' albums with any value you like such as 'Monstercat'. This still preserves the 'Artist' field.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:30:48 pm »

... here's an example of a group of albums, which I tagged with Album Artist = 100. They were similar in nature to your Monstercat albums. They were Multiple Artists albums. After tagging, this is what the displays looked like for the tag window and the Artist window. For artist '100', note the stacked thumbnails, which I believe is what you requested, all related albums in one group. Note, it is an Artist view and not an Album view.

Cheers,
Lawrence

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »

... and when I clear the Album Artist tag for the four 100 albums prepared for this demonstration, they return to being Multiple Artists types and are displayed accordingly, which is similar to the image you posted. Again, it is an Artist view and not an Album view.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Pages: [1]   Go Up