INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 32ch  (Read 1293 times)

BCZ

• Junior Woodchuck

So I'm trying to use JRiver as an active crossover using a Asus Xonar U7. So under DSP Studio I enabled "Output Format" and selected 32 channels. While I don't need 32 channels (I only need 8), I am using these channels because it is easier to remember the mapping of channels and some channels are used for processing then summed into one. So basically I'm using channel 9-20 for left speaker and channel 21-32 for the right speaker. Channels 9-20 will eventually be summed and assigned to Left/Right/Center/Subwoofer while channels 21-32 to be assigned to SL/SR/RL/RR.

Anyways, I went to Parametric Equalizer and copied the left channel to channel 9-20 and right channel to 21-32. Now at this point I tried to play something, and I got the error "Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 32ch".

What can I do to fix this error?

Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 32ch
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:23:11 am »

It sounds to me like your audio device does not accept 32 channels. Is it supposed to? Its an 8 channel DAC afterall.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BCZ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 32ch
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:28:56 am »

It sounds to me like your audio device does not accept 32 channels. Is it supposed to? Its an 8 channel DAC afterall.

That's what I think the problem is. Is there any way for JRiver to either ignore all the extra channels (because they're just temporary channels where I do my processing, sort of like scrap paper), or to delete these channels after I'm done? Even though I'm outputting 8 channels, I need about 24 channels to do my processing on (each 4 band compressor needs 4 channels, which is then summed back into one channel, and I need that on 4 of the channels, so 8 + 4x4 = 24 channels).

Pages: [1]   Go Up