INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video import classification  (Read 1461 times)

jkolker

• Junior Woodchuck
Video import classification
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »

I auto imported a few NAS drives, and regarding video, they had on them various home movie type stuff (vacation, grand-kids, etc), and a few ripped movies.  After the import, I noticed the Video classifications of Home Video, Movies and Shows.  I looked, and the home video stuff appears in all categories, the Movies appear in "Shows" and basically it appears to be a big mess.

No problem, I thought.  I'll just move these to the proper place.  Well, can't seem to figure out how to reassign a file to the category.  Searched the wiki and the forum, but still not able to reclassify the files.  If it's even possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video import classification
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:16:44 pm »

Look at the tag called Media Sub-type.

jkolker

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 03:03:13 pm »

Thank you!  Appreciate the support you offer here...

Jeff

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:04:52 pm »

The classification is, as Jim said, controlled by the [Media Sub Type] field.  Open the tagging pane with Edit > Tag and you'll see it on the left.  If you don't see [Media Sub Type] listed, you might need to use the gear menu at the upper left to show all fields.  Then you can scroll down and find [Media Sub Type].

On import, the duration of the video is generally used to assign the type.  Movies are usually assigned to videos that are more than an hour and change. 

But it's quite easy to reassign them, by changing the Tag.  You might want to look at your Video in a Files view and then assign the Media Sub Type for entire directories at once.  I'm guessing you probably have your folders (directories) organized like this already:  With Movies in one folder, home videos in another, etc.  Using the VIdeo > Files view you can easily navigation your structure, then highlight all the files below a certain directory and change the Media Sub Type for all of them at once.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up