INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.213 beta available  (Read 8997 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.213 beta available
« on: July 10, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91213.exe      

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History:

1. Fixed: PackageInstaller now uses correct icon.
2. Fixed: Search control / search control spacing wasn't working properly.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+U / Toggle list style wouldn't always roll through all available modes.
4. Changed: Cover art can now be set / manipulated for videos and other non-image data types.
5. Changed: Updated Media Server to use the new library browser scheme system.
6. Fixed: Year handling was not working properly in some cases. (SDK, etc.)
7. Fixed: Shortcut's text was repeated twice in tooltips.
8. Fixed: Up / down while in-place editing wouldn't change the selection / update the properties pane.
9. Changed: Pg Up / Pg Down (to move list selection) will no longer kill the focus of the field currently being editing in the file info window.
10. Changed: Several optimizations to file property area save / load system.
11. Fixed: Right toolbar on location bar was not resizing after adding or removing buttons.
12. Fixed: After using image tools, Image preview window would not always refresh.
13. NEW: MC will now prompt for empty directory removal (if necessary) after deleting files from the library.
14. Changed: Search wizard now supports list-type fields.
15. Fixed: Tooltip for position slider was poping up all over the place.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Media Center 9.1.213 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 02:14:13 pm »

RFE: Can we get a wildcard character for Searches ?  
ie, filename=Med*Juk*x

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 02:24:16 pm »

All of these were already present before.

Bugs:  

- SERIOUS: some VBR MP3's with long periods of silence slow down the system to a near halt during the silence.  

- SERIOUS: I sometimes get a major system slowdown for a second or two at the end of a playlist, or a shorter one between two tracks. Apparently, this only happens for VBR MP3 files, with silence removal disabled, and for the duration of the silence. I am pretty confident it is related to the problem above.  

- after finishing a conversion, MC steals the focus from the current program  

- silence removal does not work correctly when "output format" is enabled with something changed (at least frequency) in the DSP settings. Only happens between tracks, not inside one.  

Request:  

- can you please separate the silence removal option in two: inside tracks and between tracks? It would be excellent!! It's just that some tracks have silence inside them (natural pauses in music, aka "golden silence") and the combined option (naturally) removes it...
Sérgio Gomes

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 03:14:38 pm »

Keep Up With good work :)
Tamer

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 03:37:47 pm »

Hi,

Great work!

Fixed problems:
- All track info pages (dirt simple, DJ, ..., neoTropic) didn't show Japanese character.  They all show '?' instead.  
- Copy and paste of tag information doesn't work properly.  For example, I select 20 songs in a album and push ^C to copy text information like song/artist/album name.  When I push ^V on Notepad, it shows only 15 songs information.  
   I guess MC9 is copying the number of characters instead of bytes.  For the case of multi-bytes characters, everytime the number of characters is smaller than actual bytes.  

Remaining serious problems:
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.  
However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.  
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.  
- Panes should be resizeable.  

Not serious:
- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 7 seconds (it was 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it's being reduced much, but still...  hehe) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.  
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.  
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

New problems/wish lists:
- Want to disable pane from edit view scheme like we can disable tree.
- In tree view, we cannot select multiple item by using control/shift key.  Hope this will be available in future.

Thanks.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 04:27:46 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.  

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!    

3) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.    

4)The shuffle, DSP, and continuous buttons are too hard to see.    

5)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.

6)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 05:01:55 pm »

Open
Date Opened: 6/18/03
Priority: High

Unable to play DVD and related problems:
  • If  DVD is inserted while in Media Library view. the files being viewed in Media Library are added to Playing Now and playback of those files is initiated.  DVD is not played even though I confirm desire to play it in response to message box that opens when DVD is inserted in drive.
  • If DVD is inserted while in Playing Now view, a message box opens with instructions to "select files to play." as in next item.
  • If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD and Intervideo WinDVD.

Open
Date Opened: 6/18/03

Double-clicking *.cda file in Windows Explorer results in the following error message and failure to open/play file: "Error restoring Media Center license: Invalid file type [path]"

Open
Date Opened: 7/9/03
Priority: Medium High

MC inconsistently crashes immediately after being minimized.

Open
Date Opened: 7/9/03

If "play" is selected in right click menu on more than 1 highlighted mp3 file in Windows Explorer:
  • If MC is closed, it will not open to play any files
  • f MC is open, it will only display and play the first file

Open Request
Date Opened: 6/24
Priority: Medium

When option to "rip" cd when media is inserted is selected, ripping starts immediately.  Would prefer the options button to be enabled so that settings could be changed on the fly before ripping is initiated.

Open Request
Date Opened: 6/24

Delete command in shortcut menu in pane view.  Would like to delete an album without changing to content view, selecting all tracks in the album, and right clicking on delete.

Shelly

gkerber

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 07:57:29 pm »

New problems/wish lists:
- Want to disable pane from edit view scheme like we can disable tree.

Yes, yes, yes.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 10:51:21 pm »

Hello,

8. Fixed: Up / down while in-place editing wouldn't change the selection / update the properties pane.
9. Changed: Pg Up / Pg Down (to move list selection) will no longer kill the focus of the field currently being editing in the file info window.

Thanks very much, makes it very convenient to caption images now :)

Bug: Upon importing new images with EXIF info in it, the Date Created field is populated with some Date/time (e.g. 22/03/2003 11:47) but in the Date (File friendly) calculated fields only the Date part is updated not the Time part(e.g. 20030322-000000).
The time part is always -000000

Edit : Well, no it does seem to even import EXIF Date/Time correctly in Date Created.

Still - Resize Image (rotate too but as it is losless) does not warn or ask for confirmation before replacing an original image.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 12:33:56 am »

BUGS
  • New View schemes inside groups are not appearing unless the group is first opened then closed.

• Can no longer customise which items on the toolbar have text via the registry hack. I LOVE being able to customise which ones do and which dont, I REALLY tweak it to my own tastes and I think this REALLY needs to be easy to configure as to which do and which dont simply via the customise toolbar menu. If not then we need to be able to use the registry hack :(

• Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.

• The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.  

• No real way to control images sent to 'playing now' if there are a lot of them - just says: too many to list - means I cant remove, re-order them at all or anyting - kind of defeats the purpose. Would like to be able to toggle the playlist in 'playing now' to toggle between the audio files and the images so that the list could show me all my images and let me deal with them properly.

• New location icons for rotating images seem backwards - rotate clockwise icon looks like rotate anti-clockwise and visa versa - the icon should show portrait as standard with the arrows pointing what to do to turn it on its side.

• ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing  

• Dont have 'rotate' tools for .bmp's - only jpg's.

• Grouping for 'Last Played, Filename, Dimensions, FileSize etc dont work - we need to be able to perform grouping with these too

• Clicking on the blank space in the properties window expands the 'Calculated Fields' group - with all the other groups we have to click on the group name - calculated fields should be like that too.

• Right click - locate file - this is just one big list like 'Send To/Playlists' used to be - it needs to follow the parent/child setup of the tree.

• Choosing Fields to add /change to - needs to be split instead of one big list:
    - Audio
    - Date
    - File
    - Custom

(Should follow the properties grouping - Which we need to be able to set and customise ourselves (preferably per view scheme)

nila

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 12:34:25 am »

REQUESTS

• The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window makes it look alot nicer BUT the only way to access or even realise that the playlist/image/format/statistics window is there is via the little menu on the toolbar - for a first time user they'd have a hard enough time realising these other windows where there just from the little menu, if u then hide this window on top of that I feel that you are basically totally hiding this feature from them.

Split Screen

Location Toolbar
  • Be able to customise this per view scheme - it's a great tool and for all my image view schemes I want to see: rotate image, aquire, flip, etc. For audio files I'd love to be able to have all the Library tools available as buttons - Get properties from filename, rename from properties etc. I've been dying for a 'tools' toolbar for ages and this could be it if we were aloud to have it 'sticky' to remember our settings per view scheme and we could add buttons for the other tasks.

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups  
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window  
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)  
  • Date fields need some way to be customised to choose what format they display/write the date as - they are also very confusing knowing exactly how the info is meant to be entered if u want to include time etc as well as the date  

• GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks  

Converting/Encoding
  • A GUI to let us tweak the settings for the different formats - especially the most standard formats.  
  • Ability to save settings  

Ripping
  • More options with the ripping in terms of: Rip and encode simultaneously, rip track then encode track rip next track and encode next track etc., rip all tracks then encode all tracks, rip and encode in the background allowing us to que up tracks to be encoded while MC is ripping the CD's as fast as it can.  
  • Ability to save profile of all the settings like there is in EAC (good for being able to quickly change loads of settings like: New CD, Old Scratched CD)  
  • When a CD is entered for ripping and the track info known - enable us to edit the text displayed before ripping the tracks.  
  • An option to write CRC Checksum into the comment field  
  • An option to create a .m3u playlist file for the album ripped  
  • Support of ripping with .cue sheet support  
  • Ability to rip multiple songs as one file  

Burning
  • Ability to rename files  
  • An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST an option, like EVERY other windows program has, to give us a prompt before wiping out the whole playlist after burning (this is totally oposite to EVERY other program and is HUGELY annoying - pressing a 'Clear Playlist' button is not a hard task to clear it if people want to or answering a : Do u wish to clear the playlist : yes/no' question.)  

Other
  • Folder monitoring  
    this was discussed previously and decided against as it would slow down the start of MC but if it could be set up so that it acted like a screen saver and just started checking the folders etc after X minutes of the computer being idle it would work great.

New XML file for menu's - great but a few points:
  • Right now it's impossible to tell what the shortcut keys refer to - If I know what the key does inside MC I can look up the key and then see what it's value is but I cant look at the XML and from that tell what key shortcut does what.
  • No indication of what enteries are for top or bottom or location toolbar - it should be split up into three groups - top toolbar, bottom toolbar, location toolbar as three items with it's items underneath them as child properties.
  • It'd be nice if ALL values for MC that were possible were listed in this file and just commented out to make it alot easier to edit.
  • A button on the customise toolbar to spawn this external file would make sure that people who dont visit the MC forum would be aware of it. Maybe have one that says: Advanced - when clicked it pop's up a warning message about messing with the XML etc. then spawns the XML file?

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 02:14:12 am »

Hi,

I discovered a few very serious bugs

a) The Burner hangs very often.  

b) The CD-TEXT is no longer written in the CD.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 04:36:28 am »

A couple of small ideas I had...

1. In the Send To -> Playlist menu.. how about when you navigate that menu to a playlist group, at the top of the list of playlists within that group there be a link to Create Playlist. This would pop up the Create Playlist box, but the Playlist Group would already be filled in with the group. It would be also nice if the Playlist name had the focus at first instead of the group name. This would save clicks for people who wanted to just create one in the root, and wouldn't add any clicks for people who wanted to add to a group.

2. How about a Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical for images? I realize that Flip Upside Down is the same as Flip Vertical, but what about Flip Horizontal? And Flip Vertical is more commonly used I think.

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2003, 05:07:28 am »

The GUI-problem noticed in build 212 is still there:
placing a menu like &File on bottom bar results in a pop-up-menu that lays over the File-button itself, so it can't be closed by clicking the button again.

Another problem: MC crashes every 2nd time I use Portable Download. Moreover there is still no direct way to have the files renamed by a certain sheme when copying them to a portable player. Should be working like for the CD-burning! (Now only indirect way via playlist works:( )

Hope you can fix that,
Thanks for good work
Raist

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 05:19:14 am »

MC has trouble picking up streaming media from internet (www.radioparadise.com)

MC Crashes when stream cannot be played . . .  it may try more than once before crashing, but if stream cannot play or if STOP is pressed MC crashes

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2003, 05:25:07 am »

Edit : Well, no it does seem to even import EXIF Date/Time correctly in Date Created.

"Date Created" is the system file time.  Look at the "Date" field to see the EXIF information.  It's working well for me, but if you have files where it doesn't work, please send a sample. (matt @ jriver.com)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2003, 07:25:14 am »

REQUESTS New XML file for menu's - great but a few points:
  • Right now it's impossible to tell what the shortcut keys refer to - If I know what the key does inside MC I can look up the key and then see what it's value is but I cant look at the XML and from that tell what key shortcut does what.
  • No indication of what enteries are for top or bottom or location toolbar - it should be split up into three groups - top toolbar, bottom toolbar, location toolbar as three items with it's items underneath them as child properties.
  • It'd be nice if ALL values for MC that were possible were listed in this file and just commented out to make it alot easier to edit.
  • A button on the customise toolbar to spawn this external file would make sure that people who dont visit the MC forum would be aware of it. Maybe have one that says: Advanced - when clicked it pop's up a warning message about messing with the XML etc. then spawns the XML file?

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but why are you so concerned about this XML file? Why not just change your toolbars from within MC? What can you do by editting the XML file that you can't do from within MC?

Pink Waters

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2003, 08:32:22 am »

Doof, MC first need a standalone volume control ;)
and also live dx host on the recorder for guitar players getting their guitar connected to line in and play without the need to recording( effects to the guitar sound like distortion must be realtime)

we also want the ability to make a playlist not for just imported media files! >:(

keep up with the good work!
Tamer

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
Scroll wheel focus issue
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2003, 09:24:04 am »

Scroll wheel focus should follow the mouse independently of "other" focus. Not sure how exactly to describe this, except with an example:

In the left-hand pane, click on a view scheme with two columns. If I subsequently move the mouse over to column 1 and start scrolling the scroll wheel, column 1 should scroll, regardless of the fact that focus is still back in the left pane.

Left-click in column 1. Focus is now in column 1. Move the mouse over to column 2. If I scroll the wheel now, column 2 should scroll. Currently, column 1 scrolls.

Other Windows apps seem to treat the scroll wheel the way I'm requesting--e.g. scroll focus follows the mouse, regardless of where the application's "real" focus is.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2003, 09:54:35 am »

Back bleary-eyed after 2 weeks away and just skipped from 205 to 213. Some nice new improvements coming along, it seems. Some minor issues/requests with this build so far - hope they havent been discussed in previous threads:

1. I like the F4 quick tag toggle. Much safer. However can you make the location toolbar icon change from the tag to the magnifying glass as you toggle between tag/search modes?

2. Can we have a left click on the view scheme panes reverse the sort order rather than bring up the column menu? And/or specify sort order as a column property? I find for some fields, eg last played in the play stats scheme, Im having to scroll down ages to get to the most recent, when one click to sort would be much more elegant.

3. Still on the play stats view scheme, the number plays pane sort order is a bit screwy - it shows <all>,0,<unassigned>,1,2,3... Firstly I think unassigned should always be top of the list below all, and secondly Im not sure what the difference is between 0 and unassigned. Im assuming its a quirk of my library.

4. Presumably a library quirk like 3, but in play stats/last played I appear to have 2688 files last played 33.5 years ago. The same files also appear as never played, which of course is what they are. Grouping this pane to a 1 size grouping level leaves me with a list showing 3 items: 33.5 years, never played, 33.5 years. Something is not quite right with the way the filtered items are displaying. Plus of course grouping is useless with this field, but I guess this is something more fundamental due to date handling.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
Num Plays view scheme problem?
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2003, 09:57:17 am »

Created this view scheme:

"Unlistened Albums" - Media Type: Audio Num Plays=0 Modifier: Full Albums

Added columns: AlbumArtist, Album, Num Plays

First potential bug: Num Plays for some albums shows 0, some albums shows <unassigned>, and some albums shows both 0 and <unassigned>. Clicking on 0 or <unassigned> returns the same tracks as far as I can tell. How can a track have an unassigned num plays??? If it's never been played, it's zero. If it's been played, it's not zero.

Second potential bug (bigger): The "Num Plays" column populates correctly--e.g. if the selected Artist/Album's tracks have Num Plays of 1, 2, 4, and 6, then those values appear in the Num Plays column, as well as "<all>". But clicking on any of those numbers in the Num Plays column always returns zero tracks. The bottom window goes blank and the status bar says, "0 tracks - 0 minutes".

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2003, 10:07:17 am »

Please fix the missing vertical scrollbars in the selection panes. They haven't been there for the last 5 or so betas. Thanks!

lee269

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2003, 10:11:40 am »

First potential bug: Num Plays for some albums shows 0, some albums shows <unassigned>, and some albums shows both 0 and <unassigned>. Clicking on 0 or <unassigned> returns the same tracks as far as I can tell. How can a track have an unassigned num plays??? If it's never been played, it's zero. If it's been played, it's not zero.

Snap :) Its not just me then.

Second potential bug (bigger): The "Num Plays" column populates correctly--e.g. if the selected Artist/Album's tracks have Num Plays of 1, 2, 4, and 6, then those values appear in the Num Plays column, as well as "<all>". But clicking on any of those numbers in the Num Plays column always returns zero tracks. The bottom window goes blank and the status bar says, "0 tracks - 0 minutes".  

Confirmed. See my post above - theres definitely something not quite right here. If you take the number plays=0 criteria out of loraans view scheme it works, which is logical. Its the number plays pane which obviously shouldnt have anything in the list but zero.

Oh yeah, and the 33.5 years ago thing - its somethig to do with Jan 1, 1970 isnt it?

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2003, 11:21:27 am »

If you take the number plays=0 criteria out of loraans view scheme it works, which is logical. Its the number plays pane which obviously shouldnt have anything in the list but zero.

Have to disagree with you there. If you use the rule:

Num Plays = 0, Modifier: Full Albums

Then any album that has a single track with Num Plays = 0 will get returned (that's what I'm going for). Other tracks in the album will have Num Plays not equal to zero. That's as it should be.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2003, 11:34:55 am »

Feature Request

Allow Limit by Number of Albums, for use with ~a modifier. Please Please Please :-) Been wanting this forever... :-)

lee269

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 12:19:09 pm »

Have to disagree with you there. If you use the rule:

Num Plays = 0, Modifier: Full Albums

Then any album that has a single track with Num Plays = 0 will get returned (that's what I'm going for). Other tracks in the album will have Num Plays not equal to zero. That's as it should be.

Actually, yeah, youre right. Im just jet lagged. One way or the other, there is definitely something wrong here, though. It seems to be the order of precedence of the criteria, based on what youre trying to do. In the panes its showing number plays 1,2,4, etc because of the whole albums modifier, but in the list pane its showing nothing because of the number plays modifier.

mdlmn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2003, 12:28:11 pm »

I assume the Direct X host will be available in 9.1 future release? I am currently using it in 9.0.
I have invested in a Direct X plug-in and feel that the Direct X host feature greatly improves this product for people who want more advanced DSP.
Thank you and please confirm that you will not terminate this feature in your future 9.1 release.

jstamdlmn

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2003, 02:31:45 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Medium
    Back Button Not Accurate
    This is related to the next bug where clicking the back button returns you to the root of whatever you were looking at rather than the actual location.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/08  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Aren't Accurate
    Created a favorite for a particular drive under My Computer.  Going to that favorite brings me to  My Computer rather than that particular drive.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a signle track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Medium
      Removing From Disk Leaves Empty Directories
      When using the option to delete from disk while removing mp3s from a library leaves empty directories.  There should be an option to delete the directory as well otherwise deleting is a two step (and two location) process.[/s]

Suggestions/Requests
    • Make the choice of tree view or panes an option either global or by scheme.
    • The ability to add underscores in filenames generated by MC9 (e.g., "the_cure_-_17_seconds.mp3").
    • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
IRman plugin still faulty
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2003, 03:44:29 pm »

IRman plugin still has trouble learning my remote.

ie. I can kearn the first button, but then every button I try to learn subsequent to the first learned button pops up a dialog box saying

"This button is already assigned to the following command <FirstButton>
Do you want to replace that command?"

If I click YES, it unlearns the first button/command, and puts the new value in the new button/command. If I click NO, it doesn't do anything.

---
Media Center Registered 9.1.213 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1102 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 299 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Further IRman plugin info...
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2003, 03:55:15 pm »

I just noticed this quirk...

The Plugin Manager within MC reports the IRman plugin as being version 2.0.14, but if I look at the rc_irman.dll file in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Plugins, the file appears to be version 2.0.15.

What's going on here? I don't have multiple rc_irman.dll files hanging around (I did a scan).

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1102 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 294 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
Cheers
Rob

LonWar

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2003, 05:29:56 am »

Change Request

When using the panes, if you click on artist then album and then click back to artist all it should find the whole album, not reset.

Eg,

Artist - Amanda Marshall
Album - Much More Music.

What dispays is 1 song, If I click back on Artist All, it should find all songs from that album regardless of artist
-

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2003, 09:08:47 am »

OPEN First reported 26/06/03
In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar. Also becomes "unskinned" if you click the up / down buttons on the scrollbar.

OPEN First reported 01/07/03
When using a mini-me skin (SonixMedia in this case), when toggling the volume on using the mute button there is a pause of about 5-9 seconds where the scrolling display and visualization freeze. During this time, the entire application is frozen ... clicking anywhere has no effect.

OPEN First reported 09/07/03
In the Advanced > Audio Analysis view, the Replay Gain column sorts such that the "?" is at the bottom. All other columns sort such that the "?" is at the top. It would be more consistent to have all "?" selections at the top.  

OPEN First reported 09/07/03
Priority: Semi-High
The lower left panel (which I use to display cover art) will not update to each song as they progress in "Playing Now". It will stay focused on the first song and the highlight marker does not remain synchronized with the currently playing track.

dragyn

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2003, 10:36:50 am »

png files are not being displayed properly. must be the transparency and alpha-blending?

Before the new tree came, right-clicking on a view scheme was fast. That was because the view scheme didn't show while you were clicking on it. Now it's really slow as the right side needs to show first. This makes editing the tree very troublesome as I have to wait like 30 secs before it does anything (images).

Thumbnails seem to be really slow again. It's like MC is choking on them. It just sits there. Nothing is being shown right away. Scrolling down using the mouse wheel jumps back to the selected file right away. Viewing an image is also somewhat slow. Using prev/next in full screen sometimes takes around 10secs to do anything.

What's the point of the recently played playlist? It shows the date and time. This is nice and all but when you restart, they go away. Maybe if they stayed there or if there was an option for that playlist to reset on close like 'recently imported', it might be some use. Same goes for the other 'auto-created' playlists.

Using ~sort in a group and a view scheme is in reversed order. All child view schemes use the group ~sort smartlist. This was a problem in 9.0 and is still a problem now. There is not enough time to set your columns so I use that method.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 68 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

nila

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2003, 10:56:40 am »

Plug-in's - great they can run the whole time but there needs to be some kind of trap for them if they're going wrong - we need to be able to manually start or stop them.

I went to use 'Cover Art Finder' and got an error:
Interface Plug-in - ...... could not be found or created, no matter where I go now in MC that error is following me around and wont go away.

I have to kill MC and restart it to get rid of the message.

dragyn

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2003, 11:21:25 am »

Nila,

You can start and stop them in the plugin manager.

Pink Waters

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2003, 08:11:53 pm »

bug

when media liberary is selected showing the new browser panes and program is maximized .. by clicking the restore button a vertical scroll bars will show up in the new liberary panes and selecting and moving it to the left or the right with make them disappear!
Tamer

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2003, 09:44:47 pm »

NEW First reported 132/07/03
Clicking on the taskbar button for Media Center does not minimize the application if it is in mini-me mode.

NEW First reported 13/07/03
Priority: Low
Toggling the "Always on Top" setting in mini-me mode does not get applied until the mini-me mode is restarted (eg. toggle to Mega-me, then back to mini-me)

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Media Center 9.1.213 beta availableMe
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2003, 01:05:16 pm »

Media Server -- Mem Usage = 85 MEGS !!!! Ouch (Ive seen this problem before in older builds)

One other thing.. eery time I start MC .. I get a popup HINT: <yadda yadda> with something about using Right Click for more options ...

V-Man

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2003, 11:59:36 pm »

Quick Play menus don't seem to work.

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2003, 07:29:54 am »

Request

a minor detail....

an "Apply" box would be appreciated in 'Options' if possible.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2003, 08:52:46 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or just something not working as I expect it to.

If I've drilled down to an album in media library, then go to a playlist, then click the back arrow, it takes me back to the top of media library and not the album I was just looking at.

Marty3d

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2003, 12:11:06 pm »

- If Playback filter is set to skip a smartlist (let's say rating=1,2) and you change the smartlist to rating=1 then you have to restart MC for the changes to be active.

Pages: [1]   Go Up