INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old version licensing  (Read 2755 times)

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Old version licensing
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »

Hopeful that JimH can help me with my quest for a license.

I tried to send this message yesterday but I think I did something wrong and maybe it did not get posted.

I will make this short as possible.  After migrating from Media Jukebox back in the day,  I upgraded, and have used MC10 for many years on my old outdated media computer.  I was recently forced to upgrade to a Windows7 machine.  I attempted to install MC10 that I have used and loved for many years, however there are compatibility issues of some sort and MC10 and W7 don't like each other.  At 70 years old I have adopted an "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" attitude.  As a result I tend to not do upgrades unless there is a compelling reason.  I am to near the end of life to spend my time re-learning stuff.

I have a specific need for the "sound recorder" feature that was a feature as late as MC17.  I use  it to convert old 1/4" mag tape and vinyl to mp3 format.  I have been collecting music since 1960 when I got my first tape recorder at the age of 13. 

Because sound recorder was eliminated starting with MC18, :'( I downloaded MC17 trial.  It seems to work fine and I would like to license MC17.  Newer versions that lack sound recorder do not serve my need.  I would gladly purchase a license, but I would need to be able to use it on MC17 so I can have the sound recorder feature.

Glad that you and your company are still doing the good work improving the best media program ever offered, even though the one feature I need desperately is no longer a part of it.

Is there some way you could facilitate my need for a MC17 license?  Your intervention would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Bob Galanter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Old version licensing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »

We don't sell licenses for old versions.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up