INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Do I Get 9.0.40?  (Read 1910 times)

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Where Do I Get 9.0.40?
« on: July 13, 2003, 06:18:46 am »

I've been reading about replay gain, and mention is made of downloading Ipod plug in 9.0.40, and I wonder, when it is mentioned, why not simply say where it is... I've "searched" for a half hour for it and although it must be obvious for some, I can't find it.  Where is, and how do I get 9.0.40?

I am using 9.1.213, so if I d/l 9.0.40 will the advances made in 9.1.213 still be there?

Christopher

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Where Do I Get 9.0.40?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 06:50:54 am »

The best and latest info on iPod is in the iPod support thread here.  On the third page of that thread, it looks like 9.0.40 plug-in was withdrawn and 9.0.38 is the latest.  It's on the handhelds page of the plugins section for MC.

Here's the iPod thread:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1056643876

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 06:52:08 am »

I've been reading about replay gain, and mention is made of downloading Ipod plug in 9.0.40, and I wonder, when it is mentioned, why not simply say where it is... I've "searched" for a half hour for it and although it must be obvious for some, I can't find it.  Where is, and how do I get 9.0.40?

I am using 9.1.213, so if I d/l 9.0.40 will the advances made in 9.1.213 still be there?

Christopher

In the iPod thread, SteveG mentioned that 40 was included with the newest build downloads. Since 9.0.40 wasn't playing nice for those still using 9.0.180, he mentioned that it would automatically be installed with the newest builds.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this statement includes 9.1.213 or not. When I installed 213, the 40 plugin was still available, if I remember correctly.

Check the iPod Support Thread to see exactly when SteveG mentioned this.

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 08:03:55 am »

WELL, The question is where do I get Replay Gain?  It is not an option in my 9.1.213, will installing an earlier MC9 nulify the 9.1.213?  EXPLAIN.

Thanks, CMB

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 08:17:54 am »

Christian,

Try redownloading the plugin. I just posted an older version. MC 9.1 has some added functionality and I posted the latest plugin (9.0.40) to be compatible with it. It will not work so well with MC 9.0.180 so I put the old plugin back and will only include the new plugin during the install of newer MC 9.1 versions.

Sorry for any trouble.

This information is in the iPod thread. As it specifically states "newer MC 9.1 versions" this probably means 214 and beyond. I'm not sure if SteveG added it to the 213 install, but it wasn't there when I installed. If you had looked through the thread previously, you may have already had the answer to your question.

You could try redownloading the current 213 install file and see if it gets added. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for 214. For further clarification on the above statement, post a question to SteveG in the IPOD SUPPORT thread from which I quoted him.

iPod questions and issues (such as soundcheck/Replay Gain) will always receive priority there. JimH knows better than anyone :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 09:17:15 am »

WELL, The question is where do I get Replay Gain?  It is not an option in my 9.1.213, will installing an earlier MC9 nulify the 9.1.213?  EXPLAIN.

Thanks, CMB

it's in mine

it however is not called "Replay Gain"

try Analyze
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 10:43:56 am »

FYI, 9.0.41 will be in 9.1.214 which I thought would get posted on Friday. It will be availble early this week. Orginally I was posting the latest plugin on the Plugin page and hoping only the users reading the iPod thread would get it, but because this did not prove to be the case, this was not a great solution.

For now I intend to keep an older plugin on the site for users who are not at the latest 9.1 and  then I will add the newest plugin to the latest 9.1 build and have it install automatically.

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 04:44:31 pm »

Steve,      THANKS!!!!  -Christopher
Pages: [1]   Go Up