INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.211 beta available  (Read 10144 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.211 beta available
« on: July 08, 2003, 02:08:02 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

Saved browser schemes will be lost this build.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91211.exe    

(backup your library before installing)  

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:

1. Fixed: Cache size calculation in CD ripper would freeze MC while it was running.
2. Fixed: Grouping item "<others>" didn't always work properly.
3. Changed: Added special search syntax [Field]=?-? to search for <others> grouping items.
4. Fixed: List-type grouping didn't work properly in some cases.
5. Fixed: Media Center was not remembering state of mini-me player.
6. Fixed: Files with no year could end up with a year of 1899 in some cases.
7. Fixed: MC would not appear when started with SW_SHOW parameter. (like from the Installer)
8. Fixed: Keyword peeker was offering year as one of the keywords, it's not Date (year)
9. Fixed: "Copy 'Listening To'" (and possibly other commands) weren't working properly.
10. Changed: [Date (year)] can now be searched with the old-style year=.
11. Fixed: "Hard Disk Location" and "Playlist" were missing from the view scheme columns menu.
12. Fixed: Seeking in very long WMA files did not work properly.
13. Fixed: Update library report still said "Media Jukebox."
14. Fixed: "Hard Disk Location" based view schemes didn't work properly if a base path was specified.
15. Fixed: MC would not always update the "file size" DB field after a tag change causing it to think it needed to other updates in the future.
16. Changed: Keyword peeker now will set focus back to edit portion of the control after keyword selection was maid.
17. Fixed: MC lossless JPEG rotation was not working.
18. Fixed: System menu did not work correctly in mini-me mode.
19. Fixed: File properties editing would be killed when the playing track changed.
20. Fixed: Track Info templates were incorrectly displaying unicode characters.
21. Fixed: Media Center was not including UNICODE block when it was copying information into clipboard.
22. Changed: Interface plug-ins now have their own perminante parent.
23. Fixed: Move / Copy disk files tool would ask to remove empty folders even if move operation had failed.
24. NEW: Added rotate and resize buttons to location bar.
25. NEW: Retooled view scheme system -- added several options and support for unlimited nesting.
26. NEW: Added "Date (filename friendly)" field.
27. NEW: Added "Dimensions" database field.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 9.1.211 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 02:16:02 pm »

<just updated to fix a deadlock when accessing Media Library -- 5:20pm CST>

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 02:19:47 pm »

>>> 25. NEW: Retooled view scheme system -- added several options and support for unlimited nesting. <<<

The birds are going to love this one... and me too, if it is what I think it is.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 02:28:31 pm »

Great that we have the view schemes back...

One problem (which I reported a few builds back) is that I can no longer associate any images to video files (i.e. a thumbnail).

When I select the [Image] option I don't get any options.

Thanks,

Mark

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 02:34:54 pm »

The new view scheme handling is fantastic.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Medium
    Removing From Disk Leaves Empty Directories
    When using the option to delete from disk while removing mp3s from a library leaves empty directories.  There should be an option to delete the directory as well otherwise deleting is a two step (and two location) process.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Medium
      Start-up Auto-expands Tree
      Even with "Auto-Expand Tree" disabled in Options, MC starts up with the selected music library's tree expanded.[/s]

Suggestions/Requests
    • The ability to add underscores in filenames generated by MC9 (e.g., "the_cure_-_17_seconds.mp3").
    • A way to switch from Playing Now to the last used view (e.g., if I was browsing a particular album in the archive, it'd be nice to flip to Playing Now and then right back to where I was).
    • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
Toast goes in the toaster.

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 02:36:20 pm »

<this folder> doesn't show any files in the tree. Viewing the same via the pane view, then they show. Location (root)

No way to seperate "non played" items without using an obscure value. ie: last played=<100000.

Columns using 'Last Played' doesn't group 'rounded' off values. Since 'Last Played' is set using 1970 time, none of them would technically be grouped together. However, when they are displayed, it would seem logical to the user.

Renaming / Moving of tree items doesn't update Favorite list.

Where's my cursor? Oh..it's hidden again in the view scheme dialog. Right-Click seems to show it.

Unable to change scroll bar width...system settings.

Shift-Insert doesn't work in view scheme dialog.

'My Computer' icon in PixOS seems a little pale from the others. I can't stop looking at it.

Options screen scoll bar flickers showing system theme.

'Always on top' is set on properties windowed mode by default...even though it's not checked. have to check/uncheck to turn off.

Advanced/Keyword doesn't show the keywords in alpha order.

File Info display (property window; lower left corner) is kinda useless because you can't see anything (no scrollbars for one).

Request:

Auto-hide ALWAYS. I can't stand that thing anymore...sorry. It shows, hides, shows, hides, uuggghhh.

Hide the tree list on startup. At least give us a command...pls.

Media Center Registered 9.1.211 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 64 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 02:40:05 pm »

Looks and works great!

I guess is time to allow risizing columns width in panels.

nila

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 02:40:13 pm »

Matt - it's late here I just wanted to say:

VERY nice job on this - I like the way u've re-worked it - we get full control now - Congrats!!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 02:41:59 pm »

Matt It Seems The Problem

Is When A MP3 Has A Date Of Null (Blank)

And When you Use

MyYear = MJFile.Year

Var "MyYear" Now = "1899"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LisaRCT

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 02:45:05 pm »

Strange behavior . . .
Upon opening MC9, this build immediately gives errors:
"You must first select files to play",
"You have the latest version of this plugin"
etc . . .
Tried reinstalling, even downloaded again still N.G.

?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 02:45:52 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/08  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Aren't Accurate
    Created a favorite for a particular (networked) drive under My Computer.  Going to that favorite brings me to My Computer rather than that particular drive.
Toast goes in the toaster.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 02:47:52 pm »

OPEN First reported 26/06/03
Priority: Medium
In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar. Also becomes "unskinned" if you click the up / down buttons on the scrollbar.

OPEN First reported 01/07/03
Priority: Medium
When using a mini-me skin (SonixMedia in this case), when toggling the volume on using the mute button there is a pause of about 5-9 seconds where the scrolling display and visualization freeze. During this time, the entire application is frozen ... clicking anywhere has no effect.

OPEN First reported 04/07/03
Priority: High
When using almost all mini-me skins (including fluxion by JRiver), the previous state of the player is not successfully loaded everytime. Roughly 1 out of 10 times, the player will revert back to the "default" settings when loading the skins.

The only skin that has not exhibited this issue is the Windows XP skin by Doof.

UPDATE: This seems to happen much less frequently (1 out of 20 ~ 25), but still occurs (even with the fluxion skin). Better, but still occasionally there.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 03:07:44 pm »

• New Date Opened: 2003/07/09 Priority: High
    When changing the sort order or columns for a view scheme, the change affects every view scheme in the group.

• Open Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: High
    If a file is deleted from the bottom pane this is not reflected in the panes at the top...

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback - I think this is MCs auto volume optimisation as when I turned this off the wait was a lot less.  Seems to wanna fire up my CD ROM when this is set to on and takes ages...  

Grouping is still not working for list (semi colon delimited) fields.  Try adding a grouping column for People to the People/Places/Events cat to see what I mean...

The new field pickers used for renaming offer [YEAR] as an option but this no longer works and ends up putting the exact string into the file name.  Should be [DATE (year)]  

Files recorded with the Sound Recorder automatically have the year 1899 associated with them...should either be nothing or todays year I would have thought...

Newly imported videos have no thumbnail.  Used to be they got the first frame now just nothing.  Also video thumbnails seem to be a lot slower...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 03:09:34 pm »

The new view schemes look great. One question I have though. What does the "Honor parent scheme search strings" setting do?

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 03:18:44 pm »

Also when I exit MC 9.1.211 I now get a rather alarming message from Norton Anti-Virus 2003 saying:

Alert: Malicious script detected.

Object: Windows Script Host Shell Object
Activity: RegWrite

Your computer is halted and needs to do something about this script.

File: Media Jukebox.exe

What do you want to do?

Action: 4 options

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 03:25:50 pm »

The new view schemes look great. One question I have though. What does the "Honor parent scheme search strings" setting do?

Put another way:

If you make a scheme with files set to [Media Type]=[Audio] and then drag another scheme into it, do you want the child scheme to show only audio files or to show all files?

Maybe there is a better way to phrase it...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 03:28:10 pm »

Talking of phrasing, in the new icons for the location bar is Upside Upside Down the same as Flip Vertical?  Cos if so Flip Vertical is the more common name (eg used by PhotoShop, PS Pro, Elements etc)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

kx3

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 03:34:10 pm »

bug report
when playing songs with right to left writing , like hebrew , the scrool bar area is all mix up , the artist, name and album are all in the wrong way of writing

beside that keep doing a great work ;D

MachineHead

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 03:56:48 pm »

MC doesn't remember last state (Maximize) after closing.

This build is sluggish.

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 04:04:47 pm »

Matt,  I like the way things are going 8) you are doing a great job ;D. the way the tree works is great

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 04:07:01 pm »

Also when I exit MC 9.1.211 I now get a rather alarming message from Norton Anti-Virus 2003 saying:

Thats Not A Bug Thats NAV Detecting Write To Registry

Aprove Script, Everything Will Be Fine.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 04:09:51 pm »

File Size in a view scheme doesn't work. No matter which value I pick from that list, the file list is empty. Leaving it set to <all> works, though.

Are the view schemes going to be sped up at all? Currently it's pretty slow adding and removing columns. Also, right clicking on a view scheme in the tree is really slow to show the menu.

Any chance that we could drag columns left and right rather than have to select it from a menu item?

Omni

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 04:36:10 pm »

File Size in a view scheme doesn't work. No matter which value I pick from that list, the file list is empty. Leaving it set to <all> works, though.

Same is true for "Peak Level" pane in the new "Advanced-->Audio Analysis" view scheme:  Pick any peak level other than <all> and track list gets cleared.

Omni

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 06:00:57 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!  

3) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.  

4)The shuffle, DSP, and continuous buttons are too hard to see.  

5)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.

6)I like the program a lot, but it seems stability is an issue with many users and now reviewers as well.  I think it should be high on the priority list.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 06:01:04 pm »

It still takes 18 seconds to execute at least three commands:
Add to playing Now
Switch from playing Now to Media Library
Switch from Media Library to Playing Now

There may be more.

(That's 18 seconds for each command)
That's right.
I'm cool.

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 06:02:22 pm »

MC doesn't remember last state (Maximize) after closing.

This build is sluggish.

^same for me

new view scheme system is freakin' awesome, btw. i want all of j river to have my babies now.

sraymond

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 06:48:06 pm »

26. NEW: Added "Date (filename friendly)" field.

Thanks Matt...  I, for one, really appreciate this.  This will certainly hold me over until we can fully customize a calculated date field!

Scott-

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2003, 08:36:45 pm »

Big Problem with 211....

It installed ok, but when I open it up, it opens minimised and the hourglass does'nt disappear thus making MC unusable. After a while of checking in alt/ctrl/del, the 'not responding' message comes up and I can then close it down.

Tried rebooting and reinstalling but no difference.

I've reverted to 210 in order to post the system info...

Media Center Registered 9.1.210 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 19 MB
Resource Info: System - 26 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 26 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2003, 09:37:28 pm »

Hi Matt,

Nice build ! I like the new view scheme system.

Thanks for the filename friendly Date. One thing though the 6 last digits (I guess its for time) are always 000000. Is it directly calculated from the EXIF date ?

Nice to have rotate and resize as buttons in the location bar BUT the resize feature still does not warn the user when it is about to replace an original file.
It can potentialy erase an original image and destroy the EXIF data inside !

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2003, 09:56:51 pm »

22. Changed: Interface plug-ins now have their own perminante parent.

Matt, I just have to say "wow". I've been around for awhile and have seen you guys in action -- responding to user issues and generally being very proactive with regards to feedback but  I am nevertheless very pleasantly surprised to see this issue get fixed. I thought the road to getting this changed might be complicated and almost didn't bring it up in the first place.

So my hats off to you guys and a great product that just got better.

I've tested the change and it works 100%.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

nameless

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2003, 10:48:15 pm »

The new view schemes are a definite improvement.

This build crashes on me whenever I close it; this didn't happen with any prior 9.1 build, and I've loaded most of them.

Cmagic

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2003, 10:52:00 pm »

Hi,

Strange behaviour bug with List style :
In Audio mode it's Ok
In Image mode ctl+U only allows to switch from thumbnails to album thumbnails. ctl+U does not allow to switch to detail mode.

Also I'm a bit confused with the many Date fields.
The previous Year field that was used for audio album release year has been replaced by Date, right ? but then when in Audio mode I can also see the date/time of images in the drop down list. Is it the way it should work now ?

thanks and have a nice day,

C.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2003, 11:10:30 pm »

Ooops,

Don't know what I did apart switching megaskin but it seems the Date field is kind of broken.

For example I have an album with Year tag set to 1970.
The Date (Year) [Calculated] field reports 1970 correctly.
The Date [General] field displays : 25569,0000000000000 !!!

What's the problem here ?

The display of the Date [General] field seems Ok in other libraries. probably corrupted my library then.

Thanks.

C
Bob Marley (War)

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2003, 01:16:29 am »

It still takes 18 seconds to execute at least three commands:
Add to playing Now
Switch from playing Now to Media Library
Switch from Media Library to Playing Now

There may be more.

(That's 18 seconds for each command)

are you using a smartlist as (part) of the filtering in 'edit view scheme' ?
I noticed, that this makes MC crawl.
Replacing the smartlist with the smartlist's search string gave me a huge speed improvement.

Ingo

nila

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2003, 01:32:46 am »

BUGS

• Changing between view schemes/creating new view schemes etc. is all VERY slow.

• The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window makes it look alot nicer BUT the only way to access or even realise that the playlist/image/format/statistics window is there is via the little menu on the toolbar - for a first time user they'd have a hard enough time realising these other windows where there just from the little menu, if u then hide this window on top of that I feel that you are basically totally hiding this feature from them.

• Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.

• No real way to control images sent to 'playing now' if there are a lot of them - just says: too many to list - means I cant remove, re-order them at all or anyting - kind of defeats the purpose.

• New location icons for rotating images seem backwards - rotate clockwise icon looks like rotate anti-clockwise and visa versa - the icon should show portrait as standard with the arrows pointing what to do to turn it on its side.

• The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.  

• ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing  
    (try this view scheme to see how bad the effect can be: Date(year)/Track Type(custom field for album/single/compilation/soundtrack)/artist grouped(by 2)/artist/album grouped(by two)/year - album (custom field)  

It's a GREAT view scheme with a lot of power that would fit easily if all the panes were just the width of the info in them - could we have an option similar to: Auto Size Columns - that was for the panes?  

• Dont have 'rotate' tools for .bmp's - only jpg's.
  • Grouping for 'Last Played, Filename, Dimensions, FileSize etc dont work - we need to be able to perform grouping with these too
  • Clicking on the blank space in the properties window expands the 'Calculated Fields' group - with all the other groups we have to click on the group name - calculated fields should be like that too.
  • Right click - locate file - this is just one big list like 'Send To/Playlists' used to be - it needs to follow the parent/child setup of the tree.
  • Choosing Fields to add /change to - needs to be split instead of one big list:
    - Audio
    - Date
    - File
    - Custom

(Should follow the properties grouping - Which we need to be able to set and customise ourselves (preferably per view scheme)

Just wanted to say::
    Well done on v9.1 - it really feels like the polishing off of the features added in v9 to put them to their proper use - This is going to be one of the best overall versions yet and the most finished I think :)

Images are starting to really be able to be managed properly and list types can really be used properly thanks to the panes.

nila

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2003, 01:33:51 am »

REQUESTS

Split Screen

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups  
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window  
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)  
  • Date fields need some way to be customised to choose what format they display/write the date as - they are also very confusing knowing exactly how the info is meant to be entered if u want to include time etc as well as the date  

• GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks  

Converting/Encoding
  • A GUI to let us tweak the settings for the different formats - especially the most standard formats.  
  • Ability to save settings  

Ripping
  • More options with the ripping in terms of: Rip and encode simultaneously, rip track then encode track rip next track and encode next track etc., rip all tracks then encode all tracks, rip and encode in the background allowing us to que up tracks to be encoded while MC is ripping the CD's as fast as it can.  
  • Ability to save profile of all the settings like there is in EAC (good for being able to quickly change loads of settings like: New CD, Old Scratched CD)  
  • When a CD is entered for ripping and the track info known - enable us to edit the text displayed before ripping the tracks.  
  • An option to write CRC Checksum into the comment field  
  • An option to create a .m3u playlist file for the album ripped  
  • Support of ripping with .cue sheet support  
  • Ability to rip multiple songs as one file  

Burning
  • Ability to rename files  
  • An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST an option, like EVERY other windows program has, to give us a prompt before wiping out the whole playlist after burning (this is totally oposite to EVERY other program and is HUGELY annoying - pressing a 'Clear Playlist' button is not a hard task to clear it if people want to or answering a : Do u wish to clear the playlist : yes/no' question.)  

Other
  • Folder monitoring  
    this was discussed previously and decided against as it would slow down the start of MC but if it could be set up so that it acted like a screen saver and just started checking the folders etc after X minutes of the computer being idle it would work great.

New XML file for menu's - great but a few points:
  • Right now it's impossible to tell what the shortcut keys refer to - If I know what the key does inside MC I can look up the key and then see what it's value is but I cant look at the XML and from that tell what key shortcut does what.
  • No indication of what enteries are for top or bottom or location toolbar - it should be split up into three groups - top toolbar, bottom toolbar, location toolbar as three items with it's items underneath them as child properties.
  • It'd be nice if ALL values for MC that were possible were listed in this file and just commented out to make it alot easier to edit.
  • A button on the customise toolbar to spawn this external file would make sure that people who dont visit the MC forum would be aware of it. Maybe have one that says: Advanced - when clicked it pop's up a warning message about messing with the XML etc. then spawns the XML file?

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2003, 01:59:52 am »

6. Fixed: Files with no year could end up with a year of 1899 in some cases

Well, I'd never seen an 1899 in my database before but since this upgrade, I've got them!

Cmagic

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2003, 02:07:48 am »

Looks like Tools/Acquire Images... does not work in this build. Any other noticed that ?

C.
Bob Marley (War)

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2003, 02:34:37 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Medium
    When you change the font, the top pane font doesn't get refreshed until you change to a different view scheme.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Medium
    MC doesn't remember the last window size when it starts up. It always starts up as a window.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts up with the start location set to a view scheme, the view scheme's tree is automatically expanded. This ignores the 'Auto Expand Tree' option.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: Low
    After performing a database update the information dialog includes the text '0 file(s) deleted for the Media Jukebox cover art directory'. This should say Media Center.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/26  Priority: High
    Browse by Locations doesn't work correctly. If I browse to a folder containing sub-folders I am only able to see tracks if I select <all>. If I select a sub-folder no tracks are displayed and I am unable to browse into the sub-folder. Edit: Location browsing works correctly when a root folder is not set.

Suggestions & Requests

• I'd like to be able to have different thumbnail sizes for different view schemes. This is so that I can have larger thumbnails for image view schemes and smaller ones for music view schemes.
  • I'd like to be able to resize columns in the top pane.
  • I'd like MC to remember the view style for each view scheme to allow different view schemes to have different list styles.
  • I don't find the "Make all views like current view" option very useful. What I'd like to be able to do is copy the current view and paste it to another view scheme.

Cmagic

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2003, 03:50:17 am »

Hi Matt,

Don't know what I did apart switching megaskin but it seems the Date field is kind of broken.

For example I have an album with Year tag set to 1970.
The Date (Year) [Calculated] field reports 1970 correctly.
The Date [General] field displays : 25569,0000000000000 !!!

What's the problem here ?

I traced down what's necessary to corrupt the Date [General] field.
- Start with a new library with valid year numbers in Date (1989,1967...)
- Goto Tools/Option/Tree & View settings
- Edit the Date field
- Enter a new display name, I tried 'Year', Ok
- Now check the Date values in the properties pane, they're all corrupted like (16787,000000, etc...)
- Trying to revert the Date field to its default display name does not change anything, the field is broken

I guess this is quite a  serious issue as it can potentially damage the year tag inside files.

Edit: the only way I found to correct the problem is Clear Library and Reimport ! provided that the tags were note updated with the corrupted livrary.

C.

Bob Marley (War)

sraymond

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2003, 05:53:28 am »

Looks like Tools/Acquire Images... does not work in this build. Any other noticed that ?

Yup!

Scott-

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2003, 07:17:19 am »

Bug:

Search Wizard in View scheme does not work any more!

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2003, 07:19:46 am »

The new view sheme "groups" have two big disadvantages:

1.) The view sheme columns are all the same for all view shemes in one group! (Before I had one for the group & individual ones for the sub-groups!)

2.) The Rules & modifiers of a group don't apply to sub-folders, that worked in 9.0.180!!

Hope you can restore those two features in build 212!

Thanks
Raist

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2003, 10:44:25 am »

Hello,

I just tried setting up a simple Smartlist rule that doesn't seem to be working - thinking it could be a bug I decided to post:

[media type]=[audio] [Name= " (live) ]

I expect all songs that the name ends with the text "(live)" are shown - which they seem to be.

However I also see songs that have "live" in the album name, and not in the actual song name. The word "live" in these cases aren't even at the end of the album name, but anywhere within.

Thanks,
Kwake

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2003, 10:48:06 am »

[Name= " (live) ]

Try this instead -- it should work:

[Name]= " (live)]

nila

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2003, 11:24:28 am »

BUGS:

Artist Group (level 2)

Select a few groupings (A-B, C-D) and it's not updating the next pane to show both - it just shows C-D, doesn't show the A-B any more.

The panes are also showing ALL values for list types not just the ones that have files in the view scheme.

nila

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2003, 11:51:10 am »

Long term bug:

Clicking on the scroll bars in options to scroll results in them flickering back to the default WinXP bars!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2003, 11:58:02 am »

Adding favorites using the new library panes does not work when not working with "Populate Tree".

It takes the root view scheme as favorite.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2003, 12:08:46 pm »

I swear we used to have more options than just: Export to XML for export.

I could be loosing my mind though :)

Any chance of some more options here?

I'd like to be able to export fields using simple rules like:

Seperate fields with ";" etc?

I'd also LOVE to see an: EXPORT TO SQL option to just export all the library as a standard set of SQL instructions to INSERT into blah.....
etc :)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2003, 01:21:14 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work (I had tried that combo during my testing).

[media type]=[audio] [Name]= " (live)] produces 0 results. (maybe you meant to add an extra square bracket in your suggestion? It seems strange that it doesn't add up evenly)

[media type]=[audio] [Name= " (live)] seems to pretty much give me what I want, exept the extra songs I don't want are showing too.

I wonder if the () are confusing the filter and making it think to look within the name?

Even if this is the case, it seems to be looking also in other fields, such as Album...which I don't think should happen if specifying only the 'Name' field.

Thanks,
Kwake
Pages: [1]   Go Up