INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order Sequence  (Read 2878 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Order Sequence
« on: May 25, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »

I recently added The Complete Dial Modern Jazz Session (great set from Mosaic Records) to my library. I replaced an earlier upload with corrected metadata for some of the tracks. I noticed that some tracks are now out of sequence while listening on JRemote. An example is illustrated below. What could account for that?  I checked the metadata within JRemote and the disc and track numbers are correct.

The other curious thing about this set is everything is in order when I view the contents within the Folder view, but not when I view the tracks in "Album" view or the "Recently Played" and the "Recently Uploaded" views on JRemote. When I play the tracks in those views, I don't see all the tracks, but a random set from each disc.  Would it be best to erase the entire set from MC and reload?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Order Sequence
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:59 pm »

Check the tags for the track numbers and the tags for the disc #.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:00:14 am »

Disc and track tags appear to be in order.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:16 am »

Have you tried restarting your MC server and JRemote?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:42:25 am »

That image, showing disc and track numbers did not come from MC.  I'm guessing it came from your NAS (based on the file name).

Take a look at the disc and track numbers inside of MC itself, using the computer interface (not JRemote).  That's step 1. 

Brian.

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:31 am »

Maybe try using the Library Tools Renumber Track # . Sometimes I see funnies , a quick renumber sorts

Mike

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 11:18:06 am »

That image, showing disc and track numbers did not come from MC.  I'm guessing it came from your NAS (based on the file name).

Take a look at the disc and track numbers inside of MC itself, using the computer interface (not JRemote).  That's step 1. 

Brian.

That was it. The tracks on my NAS are in order and in one folder. In MC, there are 3 albums with the exact same album title. The first album has all tracks except discs 3 and 6 (3 being on the second album and 6 being on the third album).

So, if the metadata (album title, album artwork, etc.) is the same, what would cause the tracks to segregate? Presume that I will need to delete and reload the entire album in order to fix this.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 12:28:36 pm »

That was it. The tracks on my NAS are in order and in one folder. In MC, there are 3 albums with the exact same album title. The first album has all tracks except discs 3 and 6 (3 being on the second album and 6 being on the third album).

So, if the metadata (album title, album artwork, etc.) is the same, what would cause the tracks to segregate? Presume that I will need to delete and reload the entire album in order to fix this.

This is likely an "Album Artist" problem.  This topic is a little bit confusing, but I'll try to give you the short version.  For an album to be considered a whole album and be grouped together, the [Album Artist] (or [Album Artist (auto)] ) field must match for EVERY SONG.  So, highlight every song from the "three albums" that you want to group as one proper album.  Open the tagging window (Edit > Tag).  Now find the [Album Artist] field.  Set that to one value.  A value that represents who is the main artist of this album.  If it's something like a compilation, you might want to set this to (Multiple Artists) or Various Artists.  When you're done, press enter.  Your album should now be grouped as one single album.

Full details here that you should probably read in order to understand the concepts:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Good luck!

Brian.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 02:06:23 pm »

That took care of it. Thanks, Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up