INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music File Keeps Re-Appearing in "Recent Albums" [Solved]  (Read 2355 times)

nonightsweats

• Junior Woodchuck
Music File Keeps Re-Appearing in "Recent Albums" [Solved]
« on: May 26, 2017, 05:41:00 pm »

I have a puzzling event in my music library. One specific file keeps re-appearing in the Recent Albums list every time a full update is run. Sometimes it eventually disappears from this view but, in my latest update (after rebuilding my NAS), it has remained. When I have previously checked in the Recently Imported playlist it appears multiple times. The file and folder are read/write enabled on the server. It is a single long track - 19 mins - but that is not the longest I have by any stretch. It is part of a 10 cd collection of this performers work but none of the others re-appear after updates.

This is not an issue as such - just a weird event. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to investigate?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music File Keeps Re-Appearing in "Recent Albums"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:49:01 pm »

I have a puzzling event in my music library. One specific file keeps re-appearing in the Recent Albums list every time a full update is run.
What do you mean by "full update"?

nonightsweats

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »

What do you mean by "full update"?

sorry - not a s/w update : Library / Import / Run Auto-Import Now

if i just let auto-import catch new additions then it doesn't appear - only within this option.

so i've just run auto-import again and it appears in the log as Imported and is in the Recently Imported playlist (two records now) with all the correct tags and info BUT it's not appearing in the standard library. When I search for the track or view the album etc - it is not listed.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:14:19 am »

Check the Media Type tag for this file. Is it set to Audio?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 06:52:59 am »

I'm having trouble figuring out what the OP is saying is wrong.  Maybe a picture or some more description would help me (us?) understand what the actual undesired behavior is.

Brian.

nonightsweats

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 12:33:22 am »

Check the Media Type tag for this file. Is it set to Audio?

yes it is set to audio

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 02:48:03 am »

I've seen something like this when I had some corrupt audio files. They kept getting found when I ran Auto Import manually, but not otherwise. I fixed my problem by deleting the files from the library and hard disk, as they were lower quality duplicates of dubious provenance.

If you have the source, perhaps you could overwrite the offending copy with a known good copy. Do it outside MC and you won't have to do anything else. Just check it worked inside MC by running Auto Import again.

If you delete the file inside MC, you will then need to delete the record of deletion from the "Removed" database, using a custom View or the default Smartlist, and then reimport the file, or MC will bypass it during the import, since it knows it had already been deleted.

Note that is a bit of a guess though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nonightsweats

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 06:31:04 pm »

thanks everyone for your help. i have found the issue - and it's something i should have seen reasonably easily.

the folder has the single flac file and then a single cue file pointing to this flac file. inside the cue was a different name for the album. so it seems that when i amended the tag in the flac to the correct name the cue would later be accessed and MC would see this version as new.

deleting the cue has fixed the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up