INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [22.0.108] Distinct import settings for distinct libraries  (Read 1911 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[22.0.108] Distinct import settings for distinct libraries
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:00:04 am »

I use three libraries in the copy of MC I use on my laptop:
  • Main Library
  • OneDrive
  • SCHMENG-DT-4

Main Library is, of course, the default, which I prefer to configure so that it imports from, and rips to, my laptop's Music folder.
OneDrive is designed to import from my OneDrive Music folder.
SCHMENG-DT-4 shares its name with the designation of my HTPC, and references its library server for remote control and streaming purposes.

I'm assuming this is a bug or setting I have enabled erroneously, but I noticed recently that I cannot define distinct import folders in the former two. If I add or remove a folder from one of them, the change is replicated in the other. This is not what I want; I want these libraries to reference two different (sets of) folders independently.

Can this be changed or fixed?

Goatshade

Re: [22.0.108] Distinct import settings for distinct libraries
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:35:01 pm »

No thoughts?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:06:19 pm »

Strange.

My two local libraries still have their own, separate list of folders to import from. The Auto Import configuration is still separate. I was able to edit that import configuration, and run the import process, from the correct folders.

I didn't do a super thorough test, but on the surface everything looks okay.

Everything under "Options > File Locations", however, is shared between all libraries. But that has always been the case. Possibly you just noticed that, and are using MC a bit differently so that this has some negative effect?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 04:32:15 am »

Apparently, there was something up with these libraries. They were linked to each other somehow. Deleting OneDrive, cloning Main Library, renaming it back to OneDrive, and changing the settings to the way I wanted them seems to have worked.

Well, that was strange, but problem solved. :P

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:18:43 am »

Excellent.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up