INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Problem  (Read 1658 times)

MichaelF

• Recent member
Library Problem
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:47:59 am »

Trying to update my library and I get a message saying "skipped 2 files (system file)".
I don't understand why it will not import them. They are not actually files they are folders containing mp3 files. I  can play the files in Media Centre but it will not import them.
I have changed the folder number but they still get rejected.
Any Ideas?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »

I don't know why a folder of mp3s would be marked a system file. Maybe there are thumbdb files in there causing the problem. If you have viewing of hidden files turned on (Windows Explorer > View tab > tick Hidden items), then you could have a look.

But the easiest fix would just be to shut down MC, then rename the problem folder(s), create new folder and name it the same as the original(s), then copy all your mp3s over to the new folder(s). Restart MC and import those folders. If all works as expected, delete the old folder(s).

Of course, I'm assuming that the folders aren't in fact System Folders. If you have allowed MC to scan and import files from all of your PC, which it does by default in a new library unless you stop it, then the above advice could be dangerous, and break your Windows installation. But if the problem folders are those you have created yourself at some time in the past, then all should be well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MichaelF

• Recent member
Re: Library Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:45:15 am »

I checked for hidden files, there aren't any. MC only scans the specific folder I have defined so I shouldn't have the problem.
I created two new folders and copied the files into them and they were all imported.
Still don't understand why they showed as system files but I have deleted them now.
Problem solved, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up