INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Added new album by Funkadelics and doesn't display my album art but a stock shot  (Read 1818 times)

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck

Added Funkadelic album and attached album art but display is some stock photo that JR picked on its own? How do I get rid of it? Thanks.
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe

You can select the tracks right click and remove the dodgy album art. You can then load from file or paste in the artwork you want.

Spike

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck

The Art work shows up as what I picked for the album. Under Funkadelics in my Library it shows the stock photo. I have no clue.
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Spike gave you the answer, but if you need it to be more specific;

1. Right click on the Album.
2. Select "Cover Art > Remove Cover Art"
3. Add your Cover Art back however you wish to. There are multiple methods shown in the "Right Click > Cover Art" menu. Use whichever one you want.

Details in the Wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

PS: If you had told us exactly how you "Added Funkadelic album" (Rip Cd and get metadata from YADB?) and " attached album art" (Add from file, Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory?) then we may have been able to explain how you got the bad art in the first place.

I still don't understand what you meant by;
The Art work shows up as what I picked for the album. Under Funkadelics in my Library it shows the stock photo. I have no clue.
except the last part of course.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Spike1000

Not entirely sure what you mean by this. I've sometimes had to 'refresh' (the circular arrow) the view in MC for it update the artwork when I've changed it but this is normally automatic.

Have you actually tried to remove the dodgy artwork as described?

Spike

blgentry

I believe icenine is referring to ARTIST art.  Not the art for one album.  But the art in the Artist view.

MC can get Artist art automatically if you tell it to with <right click> Cover Art > Get artist images from Last.FM.

This is the "generic art" you are referring to probably.  You can store your own Artist art if you'd like.  Just go to <JRiver Cover Art Directory>\Artists  .  You can remove or change Artist cover art there.

The <JRiver Cover Art Directory> is configurable in settings.  Go check where yours is:  Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Folder .

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up