INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen transition issue - and Error drawing Direct3D  (Read 2030 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Screen transition issue - and Error drawing Direct3D
« on: June 25, 2017, 10:08:23 am »

This has been an on going problem.
When I go to use MC 22.0.110 (starting in Theater View), the remote will move the selection boxes (like a movie choice) on the screen, but the screen behind is frozen. I can see some movement and the movie cover icons change but there are background images from the original screen that are still showing. Picture attached. It's like the background is frozen but some of the screen contents still change overlapping on the original contents.

I went to open Task Manager as just the moment before Task Manager opens, Theater View goes to an all black screen and has the message "Error drawing Direct3D". I can repeat this easily now.

What is the problem with Direct3D and what can I do to eliminate this? This is Win10 x64 Intel i3-3225 4GB memory, 128GB SSD drive, video card is a NVidia GT460 GeForce, and this is a client machine. No other software/programs installed (but it has the Windows Defender anti-virus which has the "exclusions" for MC).

Would switching to the "experimental" Use OpenGL resolve this problem (I have now turned it on)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Screen transition issue - and Error drawing Direct3D
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:27:56 am »

Try toggling hardware acceleration in MC video settings.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:42:35 am »

Okay.

Under "Video>General Video Settings>Hardware Accelerate Video decoding when possible", I have now "unchecked the box".

Under "General>Video Card" it is set to "Automatic". I have left that setting as is.

Also, I use RO+HQ in case that wasn't noted (stock madVR settings).

I'll report back any changes or improvements - but it may take a while as this is a random thing.

Thanks.

zebm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:25 pm »

Okay.

Under "Video>General Video Settings>Hardware Accelerate Video decoding when possible", I have now "unchecked the box".

Under "General>Video Card" it is set to "Automatic". I have left that setting as is.

Also, I use RO+HQ in case that wasn't noted (stock madVR settings).

I'll report back any changes or improvements - but it may take a while as this is a random thing.

Thanks.
I've had some problems with theater view graphics and for me the 'workaround' was to use 'no theme' under options/theater view/appearance. It's too bad not to have a nice theme but it's worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up