INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with setting up SoTM sms200ultra with jriver v21  (Read 5605 times)

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
help with setting up SoTM sms200ultra with jriver v21
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:30:36 am »

I'd be grateful for some assistance in setting up SoTM sms200ultra with jriver v21. I tried roon player and it isn't my favorite.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: help with setting up SoTM sms200ultra with jriver v21
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:43:00 am »

What happens when you try to use it?

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:24:27 am »

In the SoTM sms200 i chose MPD & DLNA. In the audio devices i can see 'network streamer' which i selected and pressed play. The clock on jriver starts ticking  but i can hear nothing. Not sure what other information to provide

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:40:30 am »

Try searching for other posts here, but please read this first:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

I don't know what MPD is.

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 03:52:23 am »

I followed the instruction in the wiki but i don't see the sms200 ultra under playing now. I attached a screenshot which i hope will provide clues as to the reason for that. i'd be grateful for any advice on how to fix this. Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 06:23:57 am »

Did you follow the manufacturer's instructions?  Did you install a driver?

Here's a review that might help:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/sotm-sms-200-review-r648/

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 09:10:04 am »

Hi JimH

Yes, i followed the  manufacturer's instructions. May i ask what driver you are referring to?

I don't think i mentioned in my initial post that the sms200 ultra works in my system. I configured it two ways 1. with a Roon core installed on my PC and 2. by running minimserver and bubbleupnp on my NAS drive and abubbleupnp app on my phone. The sound quality is better with Roon but i would rather use or at least try to use JRiver as my music player in this setup. I'd appreciate your help to get it to work if you can

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 09:20:32 am »

I'm sorry, but I can't help you get your device working.  The manufacturer's instructions should be followed.

I can answer any questions that are about Media Center.

It sounds like you may be using DLNA.  If so, you can set the DLNA Server in MC to do no conversion.  That will affect sound quality.

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 09:37:59 am »

I am confused. My device is working with with other players but not with JRiver Media Centre and I followed the manufacturer instructions. My question is specifically about Media Centre and what settings to use. I tried your initial suggestion and followed the instructions in https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA but i haven't been successful. Is that not a valid Media Centre support question?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 04:36:01 pm »

What settings have you put in the dlna section in jriver media center?
I have mine as "specified output format" which is "pcm 24 bit". I dont have a sotm device, but a streamer from naim which works over dlna.
And you do have "dlna server" ticked on in the advanced section?

Also you might need to set up your sotm device correctly for it to work with jriver mc. This is what Jimh was referring to. You mentioned "mpd & dlna" which might not be compatible with jriver (i suspect not, otherwise i would think that jriver mc would spot it as a valid compatible dlna device on the network). Perhaps sotm themselves can advise what settings in the device should be used to make it compatible with jriver mc?
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 12:05:37 pm »

Set MC to Specified Format PCM 16 bit No Header (aka L16).

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 12:55:05 pm »

Also you might need to set up your sotm device correctly for it to work with jriver mc. This is what Jimh was referring to. You mentioned "mpd & dlna" which might not be compatible with jriver (i suspect not, otherwise i would think that jriver mc would spot it as a valid compatible dlna device on the network). Perhaps sotm themselves can advise what settings in the device should be used to make it compatible with jriver mc?
After leaving it for a day. at some point the sms200 appeared under 'playing now' so i was able to play my music again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up