INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Just Stops  (Read 2458 times)

Audiophilic

Media Center Just Stops
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:53:33 pm »

I've owned Media Center since version 20 and I currently have 23.0.8 installed on a Windows 10 PC.  My source is a 3TB DLNA server running Twonky.  My renderer is a Marantz AV7702 pre/pro.  It's all hardwired Ethernet.

I'd like to be able to click and drag albums to the "Playing Now" listing of my Marantz AV7702 pre/pro.  Sometimes when I do this it will play all the tracks.  But far more often it will play one or more tracks, get a second or so into the next track and just stop.  This can happen on the second track, or the 12th, or not at all.  It's not consistent, i.e., the same sequence of files will sometimes play all the way through, or stop after what appears to be a random number of tracks.  I can go to "Playing Now" and hit the play button and it will play that next track, but then it purges the rest of the tracks from the Playing Now queue.

I have no idea what's going on.  I have read the help files over and over.  Though I have an extensive technical background, I'm having a hard time following the configuration options perhaps due to a lack of applicable examples.  In any case I've tried a large number of different options with no change in behavior at all.  I would be most grateful if someone could point me to a starting point to understanding this sort of simple (but rare?) configuration.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center Just Stops
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:56:03 pm »

Are you loading your library from Twonky?  That will probably work but isn't the best.

Better would be to import the files into MC using the file server that Twonky is running on.

What is the server?  A PC or a NAS?

Audiophilic

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:06:35 pm »

Are you loading your library from Twonky?  That will probably work but isn't the best.

Darn good question and you'd have every expectation that someone using this software literally everyday for two years would know the answer, but I don't. And I don't see any options in the menus to loading a library.  What I did was ask it to add a library and pointed it at the NAS.

Better would be to import the files into MC using the file server that Twonky is running on.

OK, but I'm not sure how this differs from what I have, or how to change it.

What is the server?  A PC or a NAS?

MC runs on the PC, the files are stored on a 3TB NAS running Twonky.  All files are FLAC format and almost all were ripped using MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:18:31 pm »

What NAS is it?  Twonky is different.  It's a DLNA Server.  A NAS can serve files without using Twonky (which is the preferred method).

Audiophilic

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:50:02 pm »

What NAS is it?  Twonky is different.  It's a DLNA Server.  ...

A Western Digital MyBookLive

Audiophilic

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:57:01 pm »

....  A NAS can serve files without using Twonky (which is the preferred method).

So, what is the setup called?

FYI, I found the library load function.  I'm just a little unclear on which library I should b using, I guess.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:27 pm »

Under File, you can find Library Manager.  Set up a new library and import files from your NAS.  Just to test.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started
Pages: [1]   Go Up