INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore MC17 to Window 10. License says unregistered  (Read 3423 times)

mikem

• Recent member
Restore MC17 to Window 10. License says unregistered
« on: July 19, 2017, 05:22:51 pm »

Wiki "restoring license" 3 Feb 2016  says MC 18 and above can be restored "within the program". How to restore 17 outside the program? I need the features of 17. With freeware all 700+ files, Photos functioning well in Windows 10. 19 days left..... Please help   Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restore MC17 to Window 10. License says unregistered
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:34:44 pm »

Download MC17, install, and restore your license.  Details are here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

mikem

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:58:54 pm »

Thanks for reply....
I already did download of MC17 and have it running, entered registration for MC 17 as instructed... a pop up with 2 options appears,I used the "restore license from internet" option, not the "restore license from file "(which opened some sort of JRiver file that I didn't know what to do with),
A prompt tells me restore complete. But when I check registration info from help dropdown, a pop up tells me I'm not registered. Do you mean for me to uninstall and download again and start over with audio files I've imported?

mikem

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:43:02 am »

Realized I was, in actuality installing on another device , so I tried to execute by double click on the Install Key attachment  from Temporary Install Key E-mail (as instructed in the same e-mail) ...Trying to use  my registration code for MC17 " within the program" restore prompts didn't work. As stated that MC18 and above can be restored within the program. (See "Restoring a License" In JRiver Wiki) Would be helpful to also state there that MC17(at least for me) and before must use Install Key option ...  I am now registered.
Thanks Again for a Great Program.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 06:31:27 am »

The answers all in this topic:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

The license version must match the program version.

Are you trying to use the contents of the Install Key as a license when you restore?  That won't work.  The wiki topic tells you what you need.

Starting with a new library or setup won't help, but installing the latest version of MC17 from the Old Versions wiki topic might help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up