INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Views different from MC  (Read 1497 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote Views different from MC
« on: August 03, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »

I have created a customized view in MC 19 called "Hi Res". The rule created under Album is "If bit depth is 24". In MC, if I click on "Hi Res", albums are displayed by Album title alphabetically and include only albums which conform to the rule. However, in JRemote under "Hi Res", the display is by Artist alphabetically rather than Album, and includes all artists and albums, regardless of whether they are hi res or not, i.e. the rule is apparently ignored. I am using JRemote 3.22, the last version that is compatible with ios 9.3.5. I am using an original iPad Mini, which does not support ios 10.

I similarly created a view called "DSD" with the rule under Album as "File type is dsf". Strangely, while the display in that case is again by Artist alphabetically, it shows only those artists and albums that are, in fact, in DSD (dsf) format. I don't understand:
1. why the display is by Artist instead of by Album in JRemote when it is by Album in MC
2. why only artists/albums that follow the created rule are included for DSD, but all artists/albums are included for Hi Res, regardless of whether they conform to the rule or not.

How can I get JRemote to conform to the views in MC? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote Views different from MC
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:10:44 pm »

I have replicated your views and both work perfectly, perhaps you can check you have defined them correctly. It doesnt make sense that mc would deliver mismatched data for jremote to display; unless of course there is a compatibility issue between mc19 and the version of jremote you are running.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 03:58:02 am »

I cant tell if you know, but with JRemote the views are defined under options Media Network.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »

I cant tell if you know, but with JRemote the views are defined under options Media Network.
Thank you so much. I did not know that views for JRemote were defined separately under Media Network options. Having now done so, JRemote's display for both DSD and Hi Res mirror those of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up