INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display scaling problem in Windows 10  (Read 1496 times)

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
Display scaling problem in Windows 10
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:26:21 am »

Hi,

Running MC 22 on a Windows 10 PC for my home theater. I have Windows 10's display scaling set to 125% to make everything easier to read on my TV from across the room. However, this causes many of MC's dialogs to become too big to fit on the screen.

For example, if I right-click on a TV show or movie, and choose "Get Movie & TV info", the bottom of the dialog is off the bottom of the screen. This keeps me from being able to click the okay or cancel buttons.

A workaround is to click the window's maximize button, which resizes the dialog so the bottom edge is on-screen, but I have to do this every time. (It's a good thing the dialog HAS a maximize button.)

Could the dialog boxes in MC be rewritten so as to take display scaling into account? At the very least, it seems to me that a lot of these dialogs contain too much empty space to begin with, surely some of that could be reduced?

Thanks.

Aimhere

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Display scaling problem in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 06:57:03 am »

Try these:

MC's Size option (under the View Menu)

Theater View's Size option

MC's Font Size

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
Re: Display scaling problem in Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:40:02 pm »

Try these:

MC's Size option (under the View Menu)

Thanks, the View/Size option did the trick, setting it to 80% made the "Get Movie & TV Info" dialog small enough for the buttons at the bottom to be visible again.

Shame that it makes the rest of the skin elements (e.g. play/stop/rew/ff buttons) smaller as well. It would be nice if the dialogs were redesigned to resize themselves to fit within the user's settings for resolution and display scaling.

Aimhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up