INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting ready to install MC23 onto my new PC. Have a bunch of .jmd Files...  (Read 1151 times)

Theleb_Kaarna

• Recent member

Greetings!

So I previously had JRiver MC22 installed on my old PC. I uninstalled MC22 then sold the PC, but not before copying onto a thumb drive a folder named: "Library Files", which contains a hundred-or-so .jmd files. My thinking was that I could bring all those .jmd files into MC on my new PC build and have all my JRiver preferences/settings preserved.

Fast forward a month and I've completed my new PC build (see my sig. for specs if needed) and purchased the new MC23 version/upgrade.

One of my 1TB SSDs (E-drive) is dedicated to music only, and contains a folder called "Music Library". This folder contains all my FLAC music/media files. My goal is to install MC23 into a new folder on said "E-drive" (not "C-drive"), put the .jmd files where they need to go, and get-down to some serious listening=)

So before I get into it (and to hopefully save myself some headache) will my plan work? Where will the .jmd files be located if I install as I described above? Would I be better off installing MC onto my "C-drive"?

It's been so long since I initially installed JRiver on my old PC that I honestly don't remember a lot of how I went about it (sorry, I'm old).

Any thoughts/considerations/advice before I get into it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | ASUS Maximus IX Formula ROG | i7 7700K [Delidded] @5.1GHz | Cryorig R1 Universal
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @3600MHz | MSI 1080ti Lightning Z | Plextor M8Pe(Y) 512GB | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (x2) | Western Digital "Black" 4TB | Corsair AX1200i [1200 Watt] | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies | Sennheiser HD 650 | iFi Micro iUSB 3.0 | DH Labs Silver Sonic | C3 Audio Audiophile

apokrell

• Recent member

hi. i have media center 22 installed with the promise of the 23 version to be running soon. do i have to pay again to get the last version ??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Install MC23 first, then upgrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up